Leaf Flat Tire-My Most Embarrassing Moments,Unbelievable

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you using it for the rear?
The compact spare used in the video came from a Nissan Maxima's compact spare, and it did not work on the front wheel.

baustin said:
I just got it a few days ago, so I have not yet tried it. According to other threads on here, the Altima donut is supposed to have the proper clearance to work.

fetv said:
Have you tried your "donut spare" to see if it locks up?

baustin said:
I have not had time to try them yet, but based on other threads here about tires, I bought these to keep in the car.
http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0027Z6F3W/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00544EZQ2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I also bought a used Altima donut spare to keep in the trunk. I just hope that I never need to use them.

Hopefully, I will never have to use it. :) Worst case, I would put it on the back and move the back tire to the front. According to the other threads, that is a known problem due to the larger front brake assembly on the Leaf.

fetv said:
The compact spare used in the video came from a Nissan Maxima's compact spare, and it did not work on the front wheel.

baustin said:
I just got it a few days ago, so I have not yet tried it. According to other threads on here, the Altima donut is supposed to have the proper clearance to work.

fetv said:

you should try it, 2 reasons:
1. you have not tried, you can't guarantee it's even working for the rear, you have not tried it. it it is possible even the rear does not work, you don't want to carry it in your trunk for 5 years and find out the hard way.
2. if you know it works for the front, then next time your have a front flat tire, then you don't have to try to swap the rear. Remember when you are under pressure, and in a hurry, the jack may not be safe, and a lot of unknown factors, you want to eliminate the uncertainty when you have the time.

baustin said:
Hopefully, I will never have to use it. :) Worst case, I would put it on the back and move the back tire to the front. According to the other threads, that is a known problem due to the larger front brake assembly on the Leaf.

fetv said:

baustin said:

fetv said:

Back