2014 Model S Time to Charge display shows --/--

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chuckos

I just purchased a 2014 Model S with QC this weekend. The section which shows time to charge 100% is blank. None of the different options show anything. 240 at 6.6kw, 240 at 3.3kw, and 120V. Is there a setting I am suppose to turn on? I have searched the forum but was unable to find anything. I also read the manual but I believe this is suppose to display on its own. Please help if you have solved this issue.

Thank you,

Charles

chuckos said:
I just purchased a 2014 Model S with QC this weekend. The section which shows time to charge 100% is blank. None of the different options show anything. 240 at 6.6kw, 240 at 3.3kw, and 120V. Is there a setting I am suppose to turn on? I have searched the forum but was unable to find anything. I also read the manual but I believe this is suppose to display on its own. Please help if you have solved this issue.

Thank you,

Charles

Mine is like that when the battery is still pretty my fully charged. Could this be what you are seeing?

jlatl said:
chuckos said:

Thank you,

Charles

Mine is like that when the battery is still pretty my fully charged. Could this be what you are seeing?

I read that in the manual also that you may see it blank after charging. I will check it out tomorrow after driving to work. Thank you for the quick response.

Charles

jlatl said:
Yep. OP, what is the % SoC being shown? If it's at or near 100%, then it will be just dashes, by design.

cwerdna said:
jlatl said:
Yep. OP, what is the % SoC being shown? If it's at or near 100%, then it will be just dashes, by design.

The battery is at 100% ready for its first trip tomorrow to my work. I will use about 35 miles tomorrow so lets see what it reports. Thanks again for replying to my question.

Charles

^^^
It's generally better to not leave the battery at high % SoC for extended periods of time. At least that was Nissan's advice until they removed the charge to 80% options on the '14 Leaf. :roll:

And, there have been numerous studies showing that that high % SoCs combined with high temps are bad for li-ion batteries.

The time to charge is based upon how low the battery is, so yeah, if you're fully charged, showing dashes makes perfect sense.

Can you update your location info via User Control Panel (near top) > Profile (left side)? That way, we don't need to ask in future posts/threads or do sleuthing to deduce it. You're in GA, right?

cwerdna said:
^^^
It's generally better to not leave the battery at high % SoC for extended periods of time. At least that was Nissan's advice until they removed the charge to 80% options on the '14 Leaf. :roll:

And, there have been numerous studies showing that that high % SoCs combined with high temps are bad for li-ion batteries.

The time to charge is based upon how low the battery is, so yeah, if you're fully charged, showing dashes makes perfect sense.

Can you update your location info via User Control Panel (near top) > Profile (left side)? That way, we don't need to ask in future posts/threads or do sleuthing to deduce it. You're in GA, right?

It is working as you guys have indicated. Once the battery was used a bit, it showed the charging time for the different types. Thanks again.

I have updated the profile information. Good suggestion.

Back