2022 Nissan Leaf does it park it self?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ital74

Hi guys, I thought the technology package included the self parking. Am I wrong?
I can find anything about it.

Thank you

I believe ProPilot Park (https://www.nissan-global.com/EN/TECHNOLOGY/OVERVIEW/propilot_park.html) never came to US market Leafs.

You can search the specs tab of https://usa.nissannews.com/en-US/releases/2022-nissan-leaf-press-kit yourself for park.

Anyone tried to add it? Definitely othis plastic cover with extra button, wire from it, everything else should be there due to cost of unification.

No offense, but are your words based on some information or it's purely theoretical?

None taken. Nissan hasn't provided the Pro Pilot gear, minus button on all Leaf SV and SL cars - it has to be installed as a factory option. They didn't provide the extra cameras for Around View, minus just the button. So the odds of the necessary additional hardware for ProPark, minus a button and wire, being there are... not good. Nissan doesn't roll that way. Most car makers don't.

Thanks. On videos I didn't see any extra camera view on a screen that is not the part of birdseye view. Gear cover with button can be ordered used or new.
The main question for me is do I need any extra hardware on top of pro pilot. Will share my findings here.

Don't forget there is quite a bit of firmware required.

There is a good chance that the firmware on you car's computers is a version that doesn't contain that code. If that's the case, you'd have to find a compatible version of firmware and be able to load it into your car. My guess is that wouldn't be easy.

Any owners of a Leaf with PPP recommend it as something to look for in a used Leaf 40kWh / 62kWh?
Can't decide whether it's worth bothering with or not.. I have to park in tight spaces for work and use the 360 camera a lot, but not sure if the auto-parking is going to useful or not in reality..

Back