2023 Climate Ctrl. Timer

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sgtnoah1

Hello all, glad to be joining all of you as a fellow Leaf owner!

I've spent the last hour searching the forum and the internet in general (even read the owners manual!) and can not seem to get my Climate Control Timer 1 to work.

I have done the following, as suggested:
- Car plugged into a 6.8k J-Plug
- Timer set for departure time and turned "on"
- Clock is properly set on the dash (not just the radio)
- When I turn the car off and it displays the time till full charge screen, it displays the correct climate control timer setting
- The car is fully charged by morning - so I know the charger is working

What does not happen:
- One of the charge lights is supposed to blink (as far as I understand) to tell me that a timer is set - this does not happen
- Nothing happens at or before the timer setting time.

Any advice will be much appreciated!

-- Pete

That's a good thought! I should have mentioned that I have the basic model that does not have the days of the week function.

-- Pete

What temperature do you have set in the timer? What is ambient temperature? Are you also using a charge timer? If so on the charge timer, do you have the "full charge priority" setting enabled or disabled? I think the "full charge priority" defaults to ON, but it needs to be OFF to make the charge control timer act the way people generally expect. If "full charge priority" is ON, the car may start charging before the timer calls for charging to start.

Thanks for the further questions:
- 70 degrees set for the cabin temp
- 50 degrees outside air temp
- No charge timer set (unit is plugged in and starts charging immediately)
It's not a big deal if it works now, but I am testing it as this winter it will be important that it works as I will be running snow tires and my commute currently uses a good portion of the battery capacity and I want to have every bit available for that.

If you are trying to see if HEAT works with climate control timer, temporarily set the setpoint temperature to 90 degrees F to make sure the heat will stay on. Then see if the heat is working when the timer should call for heating. The timer may not activate the heat or cool function if the setpoint temperature is close to the ambient temperature.

I reread your initial post--I think the blinking lights are working correctly. The single blinking light to indicate timer active probably only blinks if the car is not actively charging. I think the 3 lights will default to show the battery state of charge when the car is actively charging regardless of the timer status.

That did it, thank you much! It must need a sufficient temperature differential between inside and outside to kick in. I was telling asking it for around 10 degrees of change. Once I kicked it up to 90, it worked just fine.
-- Pete

Back