24 month battery check / maintenance?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jpa2825

I recall doing the battery check at 12 mo. and seem to recall something about it being an annual requirement to keep up the warranty. Is that correct? If so, assume I just call the service department and schedule the 24 mo. battery check. Of course, they will want to schedule everything else that is "supposed to" be done at that time. Is there anything that actually NEEDS to be done? If so, what should that cost?

Just want to be prepared with the RIGHT information before I call and, undoubtedly, get the wrong information. Thanks.

Things that you may need done: tire rotation, cabin air filter change and change of brake fluid flush. The brake fluid flush is a controversial topic which has been discussed at length here: http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=6119" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Yes, the annual battery check is required and is presumed to be necessary for the battery warranty. The first two annual battery checks are free and the cost of later ones seems to vary somewhat, depending on the dealer.

I plan to have my third check done a few weeks before my purchase anniversary since 36 months/36,000 miles is the end of the basic car warranty, IIRC, and if they spot anything that needs fixing, that's the time to do it (I've had no maintenance issues at all on my car thus far).

gsleaf covered the other maintenance you might consider. Those things can be done at your discretion and don't need to be done at the dealer. There is a thread about how to change the air filter, if you care to do it yourself. This cost of a filter is quite low at Amazon and places like that. But the installation is a bit tricky IME:
Where is the cabin air filter located? Easy to replace?
SF Bay LEAFS DIY: LEAF Cabin Air Filter Replacement

Back