240V EV-ChargeAmerica EVSE - (likely scam buyer beware)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They were suppose to get a shippment out this morning and let me know if mine was on the list (per Dwight yesterday evening). So far I have not heard if mine actually got out or not. They are still having trouble (so they say) getting enough J1772 nozzles. :?

If you have any questions about EV chargers, please give us a call - Milholland Electric in San Diego. We have completed EV Charger installs and are familiar with the products that are on the market. Call Brian Milholland at 858-541-1097 or send an email to [email protected], we would be happy to address any questions you may have. tom

Thank you very much.

We have installed for Aero Environment and will continue as a sub contractor for them. We are selling EV Charge America and can install any owner provided chargers. Our primary area is San Diego County. Feel free to browse our website and send us any questions that you would like answered directly http://www.milhollandelectric.com.

Thanks for the great info Chris. If the company could get their act together they could sell quite a few units. But with their support being so poor... I will look elsewhere.

thanks again,
Peter

Of course, the EVCA website said the unit was "In Stock" when they apparently had none to deliver.

Maybe if EVCA had real product, they would ship that instead of this "junk" that they are not proud of.

I did not "apply" to become a EVCA "dealer" because I would have had to agree to say, essentially, nothing negative about them, or their products.

Apparently EVCA sent a unit in response to a purchase order?

Did they specify that you could not open the unit that they sent?

Is it necessary to open their EVSE in order to properly install it?

Interesting email. I don't think any of us had a problem with the unit itself (other than waiting for UL listing). It looks very durable and has some really nice features. To me at least it seems like the customer service has not been great. I have sent a few emails and have not heard back. Being early adopters... I think we like to have good communication and customer service so we can get help and information if we need it. Hopefully things improve and we will be able to get our hands on EVSE's soon (as the tax credit is expiring soon).

Is the $2250 Clipper Creek unit the only choice to actually buy an EVSE today?

If your LEAF delivery is not "quite soon", it might even be difficult to get an $850 EVSE from AV (AeroVironment), right?

Are there any other choices that are actually shipping now?

garygid said:
Is the $2250 Clipper Creek unit the only choice to actually buy an EVSE today?

If your LEAF delivery is not "quite soon", it might even be difficult to get an $850 EVSE from AV (AeroVironment), right?

Are there any other choices that are actually shipping now?

goSmart has one for $2250. Here is an excerpt from an email.

We were discussing the RF-30A & the RF-50A. With the costs starting at $2250. We also discussed the Home charging unit with a retail of less than $900. Once that is ready for final delivery, I will let you know.

There was very little price difference between the two. I think it was an extra $50 for the RF50, but I cant remember from the telephone conversation I had with them a couple of months ago.

http://www.gosmarttechnologies.com/

garygid said:
Although I like the Plug-In feature, I do not like that
I would need to swipe the RFID card EVERY time I use it.
I agree. I could only see the need if the unit was in a semi public space and the electric was to be free for a group of people like tenants or employees.
But in my private garage, no way is that needed.

smkettner said:
garygid said:
Although I like the Plug-In feature, I do not like that
I would need to swipe the RFID card EVERY time I use it.
I agree. I could only see the need if the unit was in a semi public space and the electric was to be free for a group of people like tenants or employees.
But in my private garage, no way is that needed.

I don't mind the swipe feature just because I have two kids that my try to "play ev station" and try to supper charge one of their toys. I know all are built with fail-safe type features, but one more can't hurt.

Ordered their unit with the internet portal last week. They promised to get me the unit before the year end. We'll see if they do good on their promise. If not, I'm going to be very upset as it will eliminate the federal tax credit for me (about $1000 at 50% of my total install cost).

Back