2nd LEAF in Colorado?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
batzman said:
I just checked that location and it is a Level 2. I was out spotting chargers up north in my neck of the woods... and recording them in Plugshare.com. The Walgreens locations are all going to be Level 2 chargers I think.

I am sorry! It's my mistake. The store manager didn't know the different levels of charging station. Their charging station is indeed a level 2. Please see this link: http://blogs.cars.com/kickingtires/2011/07/walgreens-plans-ev-charging-at-800-stores.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The Walgreens are indeed going to install level 3 charging station, but when and where?

Count me in on the February meet-up!

I just hope I have my Leaf in time for it... :( It's supposedly still on track for a mid-month delivery. We'll see...

I have to say, I'm impressed with the media connections touted by some of the Colorado forum members!

Media coverage would certainly go a long way in promoting our efforts to encourage the adoption of more EVs in Colorado!

A new forum would be cool, but I have to admit this centralized format has been invaluable to me as a resource.

Several areas have their own headings, like "Chicago Land," "Leafless in Seattle...," and "The UK," to name a few, and I know we've all benefited from the contributions of these members. By keeping our forum here, we add our knowledge and experience to the greater good of the Leaf community, IMHO.

And Dang, Batzman, you have been one very busy Leaf-lover! As a leasing-Leafer, I'm envious of your awesome mods! :mrgreen: Pics, please!

AmpUpCO said:
A new forum would be cool, but I have to admit this centralized format has been invaluable to me as a resource.

Agreed. It doesn't make sense to duplicate the efforts of this site, but it might make sense to have a site or place to promote Colorado EV, especially when we see one in the wild...? Even just a Facebook page or something? I dunno.

That location should be doable from Colorado Springs (65 miles). But I would definitely need level 2 or better charging and enough time to replenish a mostly drained battery if I'm to make it back home again. I'm supposed to get my Leaf this week, so February should be a good time.

Good idea!

GREENEV said:
Colorado meet-up....

Would February be a good timeframe to organize a meet?

Can I get some ideas to a meet location? Should be somewhere central as there could be some owners from Boulder and Colorado Springs. (sorry Western Slope - )

Thoughts?

I'd be willing to "host" a meetup at my store(and nice huge parking lot too) located in the Arapahoe Marketplace on Arapahoe Rd in Greenwood Village in February. I would try to get the press(ABC 7) involved too once we have a firm date set. Mike Nelson, the weatherman is a huge fan of the electric car movement. As a matter of fact I can email him this week and see if he's at all interested.

I called Walgreens headquarters for level 3 charging stations. They call them "direct-current fast charging", instead of level 3. Have you heard this name before? I got case number and will receive call back later. I will keep you informed.

Ok... keep us posted.... Here is the article that talks about that...

http://www.greencarreports.com/news/1065723_walgreens-installs-dc-rapid-electric-car-chargers-where-practical" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

xiaoyu80305 said:
I called Walgreens headquarters for level 3 charging stations. They call them "direct-current fast charging", instead of level 3. Have you heard this name before?...
Although it seems like a lost cause, because the incorrect usage seems universal at MNL, I will point out that 440 Volt DC "quick charging" is not the same as "Level 3". There is a category for AC Level 3 charging, the details of which remain to be determined. DC charging at 200-450 Volts, up to 36kW (80 Amps) is tentatively known as DC Level 1.

http://www.sae.org/smartgrid/chargingspeeds.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I know that Canopy Parking has a Level 2 and Level 3 charging stations. They are located on Tower Road on the way to the Airport from the North.

http://www.canopyairportparking.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=92&Itemid=82" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

xiaoyu80305 said:
I am planning to drive to DIA from Boulder. The shortest round trip is about 85 miles, but it will be 65 miles back to this charging station. There is a Nissan dealer on 104th, but only level 2.

Canopy Airport Parking on 8100 Tower Rd. has free Level 2 charging in their valet parking area. They also have free Level 2 chargers in their covered parking, but be sure the unit is working as it is hit-or-miss. You can certainly plug into their Level 1 outlets in the covered parking if you like. There are coupons on their web site. If you see a Blue Leaf in the vallet area, that is mine.

batzman said:
I know that Canopy Parking has a Level 2 and Level 3 charging stations. They are located on Tower Road on the way to the Airport from the North.

http://www.canopyairportparking.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=92&Itemid=82" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I called them once and they told me level 2 only!

Until I visit... I was hoping they had something more than a L2. Still, can't balk at that. Their neighbor, USAirport parking isn't planning on any EVSE chargers.... per their management.

xiaoyu80305 said:
"For vehicles purchased on or after January 1, 2010, the cost used in the computations described above must be
reduced by any credits, grants, or rebates, including federal credits, grants, or rebates for which the purchaser is
eligible."

Thanks, I saw this statement on the page 2 under "Computation of Credit - for 2010 and 2011" (last paragraph). Right now we need the new figure of Incremental price difference for 2012 Leaf. Could we use 2011 figure adding the price increase to be 2012 figure? I have sent an email to IRS of Colorado. I will update the information as soon as I received answer.

I don't know if this is final but I did get the following info from Colorado DOR:

2011 & 12 Leaf: Category 1

Incremental price difference $13,920.00 Includes Federal Tax credit $7,500

Incremental price difference for comparison after Federal tax credit $6,420

Tax credit available for tax year 2012 $ 4,815.00

rjd2003 said:
xiaoyu80305 said:
"For vehicles purchased on or after January 1, 2010, the cost used in the computations described above must be
reduced by any credits, grants, or rebates, including federal credits, grants, or rebates for which the purchaser is
eligible."

Thanks, I saw this statement on the page 2 under "Computation of Credit - for 2010 and 2011" (last paragraph). Right now we need the new figure of Incremental price difference for 2012 Leaf. Could we use 2011 figure adding the price increase to be 2012 figure? I have sent an email to IRS of Colorado. I will update the information as soon as I received answer.

I don't know if this is final but I did get the following info from Colorado DOR:

2011 & 12 Leaf: Category 1

Incremental price difference $13,920.00 Includes Federal Tax credit $7,500

Incremental price difference for comparison after Federal tax credit $6,420

Tax credit available for tax year 2012 $ 4,815.00
Since the 2012 is substantially more expensive than the 2011, it makes no sense to use the same numbers for both unless the comparable car increased by the same dollar amount. I would guess that the DOR doesn't even know about the price increase for the 2012 model year.

If they don't come up with some reasonable numbers before tax time I will calculate my own.

Guess what?
Stopped by the Walgreen's in highlands ranch at corner of S.Quebec st and university(lincoln) last night and to no avail there she was, a beautiful chargepoint Level 2 evse shining bright with a bright blue led light.

Yahoo!

I can't stand walgreen's stores(I.e. cold atmosphere) but now, I have a lot more respect for 'em. Way to go Walgreen's.

Does anyone know if walgreen's is providing free electric charging or not?

GREENEV said:
Guess what?
Stopped by the Walgreen's in highlands ranch at corner of S.Quebec st and university(lincoln) last night and to no avail there she was, a beautiful chargepoint Level 2 evse shining bright with a bright blue led light.

Yahoo!

I can't stand walgreen's stores(I.e. cold atmosphere) but now, I have a lot more respect for 'em. Way to go Walgreen's.

Does anyone know if walgreen's is providing free electric charging or not?

I have tested a few Walgreens and they have been FREE :D - kind of a neat side note.... after plugging in my Leaf to a L2 charger in the wild... my Leaf records where... for future charging opportunities.

Back