$99 refundability, etc

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
daniel said:
smkettner said:
I am OK with the $99 Nissan Leaf placeholder fee. It is the $100 AV assessment fee that grinds on me.
Yep. $100 for a fraudulent price quote!
Just look at is as $100 for an electrician to drive to your house, spend half an hour inspecting and discussing your requirements, drive back to the office, and do a bunch of paperwork required by AV.

Sadly, I doubt if the electrician will see any of the money.

So, is there ANY case where we do NOT get the $99 back?

Like, we BUY the LEAF after it is delivered to the dealer, but without FIRST canceling our order, and it is a Thursday, but there was not any sales in Hawaii on the previous day, but that was not reported, due to a bug in the database software?

Or, if we buy, we lose the $99?

I thought the original "fully refundable" (with no other conditions stated) meant that we ALWAYS get the $99 back, if we ask for it.

planet4ever said:
daniel said:
smkettner said:
I am OK with the $99 Nissan Leaf placeholder fee. It is the $100 AV assessment fee that grinds on me.
Just look at is as $100 for an electrician to drive to your house, spend half an hour inspecting and discussing your requirements, drive back to the office, and do a bunch of paperwork required by AV.
My home is prewired for EV. The estimate could have been done on the phone.
If there was a published MSRP minimum it could have been avoided. :roll:

planet4ever said:
daniel said:
smkettner said:

The electrician gets paid, probably an hourly rate plus expenses. The whole thing would be justified IF they then gave us a legitimate quote. But when the quote is a mega rip-off, then the $100 fee is pure robbery. They stole that $100 pure and simple, because we did not get what we paid for, which was an honest quote.

garygid said:
So, is there ANY case where we do NOT get the $99 back?

Like, we BUY the LEAF after it is delivered to the dealer, but without FIRST canceling our order, and it is a Thursday, but there was not any sales in Hawaii on the previous day, but that was not reported, due to a bug in the database software?

Or, if we buy, we lose the $99?

I thought the original "fully refundable" (with no other conditions stated) meant that we ALWAYS get the $99 back, if we ask for it.
According to my live chat, which I posted above, the $99 is a place holder. Once you are no longer on the waiting list, it is automatically refunded to your credit card. If you cancel your order, or you walk away from the purchase and inform them of that fact, or you buy the car and take delivery, no matter how you leave the waiting list, by taking your car or declining to take it, you get your $99 back.

Note of course that there will probably be bugs and some people will have to raise a holy stink to get it back. But the promise from Nissan is everyone gets the $99 back. It's just holding your place in line.

Note also that it's not deducted from the purchase price or lease. It's refunded to your card.

Back