A most interesting Monday in Leafland...

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1. Turning Charging OFF Remotely:
Assuming you have set Climate Control to override Charging in the LEAF, can you Remotely Start CC (which would Stop charging?), and then Stop the CC? Will that "stop" the charging?

2. Requesting Status Update:
Is this typically 25 to 29 seconds, with no warning that your login has timed out?

3. Staying Logged In:
If one "refreshes" (updates) the status (or some other interaction, like a simple web page access) often enough, does that keep you logged in? Is the session timeout about 10 minutes? Is a more exact time known?

Thanks, Gary

garygid said:
1. Turning Charging OFF Remotely:
Assuming you have set Climate Control to override Charging in the LEAF, can you Remotely Start CC (which would Stop charging?), and then Stop the CC? Will that "stop" the charging?

2. Requesting Status Update:
Is this typically 25 to 29 seconds, with no warning that your login has timed out?

3. Staying Logged In:
If one "refreshes" (updates) the status (or some other interaction, like a simple web page access) often enough, does that keep you logged in? Is the session timeout about 10 minutes? Is a more exact time known?

Thanks, Gary

1) Don't know
2) Yes
3) Pretty much 10 minutes on the nail. Web page access will keep the session going. We had a thread going about it somewhere with a Javascript that would do just that.

BTW, there were 4 J1772 CargePoint chargers down the street at Santa Monica Place. They are free and just require a phone call to activate if you don't have a card. Not a bad location to kill some time. I think that there are also 2 public Clipper Creek chargers across the street at the SM Civic Center but I have never used them.

I believe the climate control override only applies when on a timer, and only when activating the climate control timer would cause your charge timer to miss it's end time (due to a slower charge rate). Otherwise they both run.

Not being familiar with the area, I was unaware of that. And I even have a Chargepoint card hanging from my fob...

Gee, wouldn't it be nice if such charger locations were actually IN the Leaf navigation database (he said sarcastically)...

TRONZ said:
BTW, there were 4 J1772 CargePoint chargers down the street at Santa Monica Place. They are free and just require a phone call to activate if you don't have a card. Not a bad location to kill some time. I think that there are also 2 public Clipper Creek chargers across the street at the SM Civic Center but I have never used them.

lonndoggie said:
That's odd that it's not looking at user agent; can't imagine what it is looking at then.
(Sorry to everyone for the OT posts...)
One last OT post for closure...I did some more research and discovered that Dolphin HD uses the system browser, and that inability to change the user agent is a known limitation on the NookColor. I installed Opera Mobile, and with it get at the mobile owner's portal. It does flash, but not well enough for the full owner's portal...although it worked fine for the dashboard.

BTW, if from the mobile owner's portal, you decide to hit the button to try the full site, the only way to get back to the mobile version is to delete your cookies.

Back