Acceptable Battery Loss

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
drees said:
Kind of hard to draw any conclusions without knowing what efficiency you drove at (mi/kWh).

Still good to see that you're getting the same range as before regardless and still getting home with ~3 bars after driving 60+ miles which is impressive as that would indicate that you should be able to get well over 80 miles driving the same way.

Is your car on the "new" or "old" bars? Kind of important when comparing bar counts at the low end...

Old bars car, as it always has been. Efficiency appears to be running around 4.8mi/kWh. Yes, I figure I'm good for between 80 and 85 miles in highway driving, which is pretty much what I've always expected.

mwalsh said:
drees said:
Kind of hard to draw any conclusions without knowing what efficiency you drove at (mi/kWh).

Still good to see that you're getting the same range as before regardless and still getting home with ~3 bars after driving 60+ miles which is impressive as that would indicate that you should be able to get well over 80 miles driving the same way.

Is your car on the "new" or "old" bars? Kind of important when comparing bar counts at the low end...

Old bars car, as it always has been. Efficiency appears to be running around 4.8mi/kWh. Yes, I figure I'm good for between 80 and 85 miles in highway driving, which is pretty much what I've always expected.

hmm, that is a bit short. one the highway doing 60 i only get around 4.2-4.3 miles/k and also 85 miles on a charge. if i averaged 4.8 i should be in the mid 90's

DaveinOlyWA said:
hmm, that is a bit short. one the highway doing 60 i only get around 4.2-4.3 miles/k and also 85 miles on a charge. if i averaged 4.8 i should be in the mid 90's

Yes, but you don't have any pack deterioration. That's what I'm saying - earlier access to full regeneration and a slightly improved driving style (up from about 4.3 my own self) means my DTE is more or less the same as it's always been.

mwalsh said:
DaveinOlyWA said:

Yes, but you don't have any pack deterioration. That's what I'm saying - earlier access to full regeneration and a slightly improved driving style (up from about 4.3 my own self) means my DTO is more or less the same as it's always been.

oh ya...forgot about that. having trouble keeping track of (non Phoenician) people with pack loss and unfortunately i cant use people who complain about the loss as an indicator since we have several who are fretting over loss that has not materialized for them...not that i consider you a "fretter" mind u

ok thread, long time no see. a lot has happened. Summer is nearly over (the rain is expected to start tomorrow) and i am seeing a 2-4% degradation that i think will be permanent.

Nissan has not shown its full hand yet (to my GREAT surprise) and what they have done so far appears to resemble more of a surrender than a solution and that is disappointing. Unhappy LEAF'ers in the south are being removed from their LEAFs with buy backs. what happened to "heres a new battery, be nice to it" solution?

but anyway, the poll i created i actually thought i was a 5. now, was something i figured out based on Nissans very limited info but i digress

http://daveinolywa.blogspot.com/2012/10/great-expectations.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

edatoakrun said:
Thanks for posting your history of gid count AND Volts.

WOULD OTHERS WITH HOT-CLIMATE LEAFS SUFERING BATTERY CAPACITY BAR LOSS(ES) PLEASE DO THE SAME?

/quote]

ED, ONLY A VERY FEW HERE HAVE A GID METER.

Back