Add Cruise Control/Eco Button to 2013 Leaf S

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billaz

Hey Guys,

I am a new Leaf owner and am expecting my Leaf to arrive this Saturday. One thing I noticed is that I am missing the cruise control and eco buttons on the steering wheel. Does anyone know if this is something I could add to my Leaf? Perhaps order the parts and install myself? I only ask because that was the case with my base model 2014 Kia Soul. All I had to do was buy the actual buttons and a new harness to plug into the clockspring and I had successfully added cruise control. Would be really awesome to achieve the same thing here.

Thanks,

-Billaz

No, I'm afraid it wouldn't work that way. There is a topic on that here and it would be very difficult, if not impossible, to add cruise control to an S.

I posted an easy way to test to see whether the VCM in your S model has the required software, but so far no one has tried it:
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=14805&start=10" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks guys. Yeah I think I may take apart the steering wheel when I get it to see what we are working with. I am really hoping this works out like my Kia Soul. All i needed was the steering wheel buttons and a new wire harness. I just hate when companies remove cruise control for marketing reasons. :evil:

If you get it to work, please post back here. It's the #1 reason (granted there are others) that we will turn the Leaf back in at the end of the lease. I never knew how much I used it :)

I suppose that I should be grateful for the lack of cruise control, as this is what made me refuse an S for my lease, resulting in me getting an SV with the hybrid heater.

LeftieBiker said:
I suppose that I should be grateful for the lack of cruise control, as this is what made me refuse an S for my lease, resulting in me getting an SV with the hybrid heater.
My reason number 2 to turn it in the end of the lease ;)

Thought I'd post here to increase some exposure to the topic at hand. I've taken what seems to be the first baby-step towards bringing cruise to the S, but I hit a bit of a stumbling block as the information shown in the previous thread doesn't match the VCM behind the glove compartment. I'm a bit concerned that (A) I have no way of knowing what the pin signals are, as I don't have access to 2013 LEAF service docs... and (B) I wouldn't be able to add the missing pin (wire) to the connector block as I have *no god given idea* what type of connector that is.

The other thread is here: http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=14805&p=430280#p430280 and I hope keydiver is still around - I know I tend to come and go here for months at a time :lol:

Back