A button that does nothing?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Astral

Hi all,

I have a 2018 ZE01 leaf which I believe is a base trim (Acenta) but with some addons like privacy glass and front parking sensors. I do have adaptive cruise control and road sign recognition. I have the car for the last 3 months and I recently discovered a button below the "open charging port" button that has a propilot or intelligent "something" logo. Looks like a car surrounded by two circles.

Once i press this button it also appears on the screen in front of me in white color. From what I saw online at this point I should press the "SET" button on the steering wheel and it should turn to green, but doesn't. I do have lane assist turned off maybe if I turn it on...thinking out loud here, I'll try later.

But anyway, so far it does nothing except appear on my screen. Is this how it's meant to be? Nissan gave me a button that I have to pay extra to use the feature? Am I missing something here?

Any explanation would be great, thanks :)

In the US Leaf manual, this button is labeled as "DYNAMIC DRIVER ASSISTANCE SWITCH (for vehicles without ProPILOT Assist) (if so equipped)" and described as such:
The dynamic driver assistance switch is used to temporarily turn on and off the Intelligent Lane Intervention (I-LI) and Intelligent Blind Spot Intervention (I-BSI) systems that are activated using the settings menu of the vehicle information display.

So, if you have those turned on in the menu, this switch can termporarily turn them off. If you don't have them turned on automatically in the menu, I guess this turns them on.

Interesting. I will have to test it. Temporarily meaning until the car turns off and on again?

My lane assist only buzzes when i cross the line, it can not do anything with steering. So i would not call it "intervention" really, it's just a notification. Same goes for blind spot monitoring, it gives an audio signal but does nothing if I carry on.

Interesting. I will have to test it. Temporarily meaning until the car turns off and on again?

My lane assist only buzzes when i cross the line, it can not do anything with steering. So i would not call it "intervention" really, it's just a notification. Same goes for blind spot monitoring, it gives an audio signal but does nothing if I carry on.
Mine can buzz when I'm driving in the middle of the lane. It's really annoying and I'd love to be able to turn it off.

Back