Adding ELECTRIC to your Leaf

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Zero emissions badge removed today and just waiting on letters mailed on Monday to install and put the zero emissions badge below it. After I removOstend zero emissions badge, most of the adhesive will not stick back on and stay on.

What local and where 2 sided tape should I use to re apply the zero emissions badge?

Thanks,

Ian B

MrIanB said:
Zero emissions badge removed today and just waiting on letters mailed on Monday to install and put the zero emissions badge below it. After I removOstend zero emissions badge, most of the adhesive will not stick back on and stay on.

What local and where 2 sided tape should I use to re apply the zero emissions badge?

Thanks,

Ian B
I use Scotch Outdoor Permanent Mounting Tape (MMM 4011) from Home Depot.
MMM4011_1_4.JPG

spike09 said:
MrIanB said:

Thanks,

Ian B
I use Scotch Outdoor Permanent Mounting Tape (MMM 4011) from Home Depot.
MMM4011_1_4.JPG
Thanks!

Ian B

MrIanB said:
Zero emissions badge removed today and just waiting on . . . . . . . . . snip

Ian B
I wana do the same thing . . . only I intend to re-apply the Zero - but add "GAS" right next to it. That'll be the only time I "add gas" to the leaf . . . unless I'm going down to the station to fill the backup generator.
;)

LEAFfront.jpg

I bought the electric letters from Plug-In America. They are already spaced but had to be curved into a slight smile to match the curvature of the word Nissan in the emblem and the seam at the top of the "filler" door.

LEAFelectric001.jpg

I added the stuck together letters (that I never used on my last conversion) to the tiny windows in front of the doors. Looks right at home to me with the black background on the window.

On my Porsche 914 I had "electric" in 6" vinyl letters. I'm learning to tone it down. But the word electric does make it easier to start up a conversation about the merits of EVs.

ceejones said:
[I added the stuck together letters (that I never used on my last conversion) to the tiny windows in front of the doors. Looks right at home to me with the black background on the window.
That's pretty slick! Are those thick (raised) letters or thin (vinyl or whatever) ones, and where did you get them?

They are raised plastic letters fixed together in a block and measure 7". They were available on evalbum's trading post for a while. I bought mine on eBay years ago. I don't know a source for these today. The front raised letters are available from Plug In America (https://salsa.democracyinaction.org/o/2711/shop/shop.jsp?storefront_KEY=553" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) and are spaced on a flexible carrier and can be installed straight. They are 9" long and would be a tight fit on the front triangle windows. They might have to be raised a bit into the clear part to look right.

Has anyone found a good source for decals/bumper stickers for EV's? I found a few sites but most of what they have looks kind of dorkey; I want something cool. The big "EV" decal on ingineer's back window looks good, has anyone seen anything like that but maybe spelling out "Electric"? Something along the lines of a full width top-of-the-windshield thing might be cool too.

I was using one of those cling things Nissan sent and just cut out the round part with the gas pump overlayed by the "no" circle, but those weren't adhesive so eventually it fell off.

LTLFTcomposite said:
Has anyone found a good source for decals/bumper stickers for EV's? I found a few sites but most of what they have looks kind of dorkey; I want something cool. The big "EV" decal on ingineer's back window looks good, has anyone seen anything like that but maybe spelling out "Electric"? Something along the lines of a full width top-of-the-windshield thing might be cool too.
Agreed! I want something (preferably on the windows) that makes it more obvious that I'm not driving a hybrid, but a 100% ELECTRIC car. And I'd also like it to say something like "Drive electric. Ask me how!" (or "Gas too expensive? ..." or something like that...)

I've seen people walking by the car looking like they might ask me about it if they had such an invitation. Sometimes I'll sit in the car with the windows down and people will say something as they walk by, but basically I want to encourage people to ask and find out how awesome this car really is! :)

LTLFTcomposite said:

I was using one of those cling things Nissan sent and just cut out the round part with the gas pump overlayed by the "no" circle, but those weren't adhesive so eventually it fell off.

You can order custom bumper stickers at Vistaprint.com

They make about a dozen attempts to rope you into more products on the way to checkout, but eventually I got to the end. Should have it in a few more days. You can go fully custom, iirc. I just used one of their existing designs.

screenshot20120301at942.jpg

The Electric Auto Association has a bumper sticker "Fed up with Gas Prices..." that I applied to a magnetic sheet and stuck on my rear hatch. (I wasn't going to stick it on the paint!)

LEAFinsignia003.jpg

They also have a cling sticker for the window that says "My other car is an Electric Vehicle". You can cut off the top line and have a visible "Electric Vehicle" on the glass.

The EAA merchandise page is

https://electricauto.site-ym.com/store/list_products.asp?catid=109190" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

We are looking at getting some stickers cut - white vinyl lettering that could be stuck on your window. It looks like there would be some interest?!

wxxyz said:
We are looking at getting some stickers cut - white vinyl lettering that could be stuck on your window. It looks like there would be some interest?!
What would they look like? Examples?

Back