Aftermarket Seat Covers -- any experiences or recomendation?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cdherman

The interior colors in the 2012 Leaf are of course gorgeous at this point, but quite light and I am a little worried.

I've searched and cannot really find a lot of recomendations from real life experiences, with the Wetokole being the exception. Except, I don't want a waterproof neopreme seat cover. Just something to reduce wear and protect from occassional stains. I do also recognise that the OEM material is perhaps more durable and stain resistant than it appears -- but I'd still like some real world experiences with covers.

I don't have a set budget. Willing to spend a lot or a little if there are bargains out there. I will say -- I'd really like to cover up the rear seats and don't like the criss crossing elastic bands that one user was forced to use. That, I did not like.

Thanks in advance....

I have the Wetokole and they are fine. The feel and touch I imagine for neoprene was not born out, they feel soft and comfortable. To me.

There are threads here about leather upholstery you might want to check out, but that's expensive. I have leatherette seat covers from FH group, in New Jersey if I remember right. They were inexpensive and the front seat covers were easy to put on, except they are not properly designed for the Leaf. They have tethers from the back of the seat designed to pass between the seat and the seat back and be tied behind. But the Leaf does not have an opening there for them to pass through, so they are tied only behind the headrest and at the bottom. This means the cover tends to slide forward a bit and develop wrinkles, at least in the driver's seat. I did not install the rear covers as I almost never have anyone ride back there and it looked too hard. The covers have a comfortable feel, good color match (a darker gray than the seats in the car, almost identical to the dash) and prevent static electricity. They're not perfect, but I think they're worth the money.
http://www.bestfh.com/onlinestore/product_info.php?products_id=1221

I got the Wetokale with seat heaters in them. They are light grey, dark grey, with blue piping. They are very comfortable and clean easily. They have map pockets on the back. To me, they are worth the price, and I can sell them seperate someday when I sell the car. Almost everyone does not even realize I have seat covers on the car.

Very happy with the Wet Okole. The neoprene is bonded to a fabric so you're not sitting on "rubber seats". The feel is quite nice. My wife has back problems so I got the adjustable lumbar supports added. Simple but effective. We haul our 175-lb dog in the back. Comfortable and durable, and the fit is very good.

Back