Airbag Warning Light On With No DTC's

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DylanR

Dylan
Hi,

I just purchased a used 2015 nissan leaf!
however there is a slow flashing airbag warning light on the dash that doesn't seem to go away.

the vehicle passed the safety inspection with this light on and while using leafspy the airbag system is not reporting any DTC's.
I've heard that the slow flashing indicates the airbag system might be in diagnostic mode but it doesn't seem to exit it if that's the case.
I'm assuming it's safe to drive but the light is pretty annoying and wondering if there is any way to clear it?

Appreciate any advice I could get, Thanks!

Go to the NICO site and download the SRC section of the manual for the 2015. It talks about "diagnostic mode" for the SRS, and what the flashes mean.
To much info to type in here.
If you purchased from a dealer than they should fix it, if not it could have been in an accident and not repaired correctly or they could be a problem with the system.
If it comes on steady when you turn the car on for 7 sec then goes to blinking every .5 sec, it means that there is a problem that may have been repaired wrong or the memory not re set.
If you don't get the 7 sec on before blinking it gets more complicated.
Get the manual and see if it can help.

Go to the NICO site and download the SRC section of the manual for the 2015. It talks about "diagnostic mode" for the SRS, and what the flashes mean.
If you purchased from a dealer than they should fix it, if not it could have been in an accident and not repaired correctly or they could be a problem with the system.
If it comes on steady when you turn the car on for 7 sec then goes to blinking every .5 sec, it means that there is a problem that may have been repaired wrong or the memory not re set.
Here is a video of the flashing pattern, it's definitely not 0.5 second interval and I can't seem to find one in the service manual that matches this

Attachments

• 20240218_140447.mp4
    33.4 MB
I tried to time it, would you say 3 sec, 4 sec? not 7 that is for sure.
If you have the manual you have access to everything I have.
I too don't see that flash pattern in the diagnostics.
If you have the manual, can you follow the procedure to put it in diagnostic mode? That might help narrow it down, but I foresee a trip to the dealer in your future!
Sorry, but that is all I have.

Appreciate it, will probably bring to dealer sometime this week. Thanks

Back