am I over thinking an ev bumper sticker.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL! That's pretty much my story. Nissan did a really good job making the car look like any other icev on the road. I like the 100% electric, but I don't want to be blatent about it. I want people to read it and think for a second. "hey is that thing really electric?" I'm wanting to make people to think about it and take a second look. Also, I want just a mild bit of humor in the saying. I tend to be a facetious person and a heavy slang user. I can't wait to see what vanity plate i get. I tried opecsux for my prius but it was deemed offensive. :(
eclecticflower said:
Simple is best when communicating to a gas-using population. You're really trying to say your car is totally electric and does not use gas, so a sticker with the outlet picture with any variable of the "no gas" verbiage could work. Of course there's "I'm 100% electric," but it falls short for the audience:

"I'm a no-gas EV."
"I'm totally electric; I don't use
"Totally electric & gas-free."
"All electric, no gas."
"Completely electric, gas-free."
etc., etc.,...

I continue to have discussions where I've responded "electric" repeatedly and the gas questions keep coming (they're probably thinking "hybrid," it's all they know here). The point just doesn't get across, unless I say the actual words, "no gas."

Last week, I showed my car to an old friend and said it was a totally electric Nissan LEAF. I popped the charge port cover and opened the L2 port lid to show where I plug in, explaining our lack of fast charging infrastructure for using the QC charging port. She apparently wasn't listening, because she immediately asked if that port was "for when I needed gas" :roll:, to which I responded, "it uses no gas, it's all electric." Then the light went on! I seems people need those key words to hear the message.

LeafinThePark said:
Might be a bit long, but how about

No Soldiers were harmed to power this car.

pretty good! I made a plate frame that reads. "My other vehicles fund state sponsored terrorism" but my wife talked me out of putting it on the car fearing someone would think I fund terrorism.

"I could tell you my "Miles Per Gallon" but then I'd have to divide by Zero".

134755d1314152789-devided-zero-demotivational-poster.preview.jpg

supra410 said:
LOL! That's pretty much my story. Nissan did a really good job making the car look like any other icev on the road. I like the 100% electric, but I don't want to be blatent about it. I want people to read it and think for a second. "hey is that thing really electric?" I'm wanting to make people to think about it and take a second look. Also, I want just a mild bit of humor in the saying. I tend to be a facetious person and a heavy slang user. I can't wait to see what vanity plate i get. I tried opecsux for my prius but it was deemed offensive. :(
If you would like some ideas for vanity plates there are a whole lot in the Vanity License Plates ideas??? thread. Some of them are quite clever.

Mine is kind of boring but I knew I would have the only EV in the area so I wanted it to be descriptive, rather than cute:

And it worked: last week a woman followed me to the library to ask me about the car because she spotted the plate.

Check out this thread for all the vanity plates used and ideas for more:

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=138&hilit=vanity+license+plate" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

eclecticflower said:
Check out this thread for all the vanity plates used and ideas for more:

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=138&hilit=vanity+license+plate" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
You mean the thread I linked to? ;) I guess my embedded link is too subtle!

DanCar said:
supra410 said:
I want to make a window sticker that reads "I burn kilowatts." ...
Brainstorming on bumper stickers:
1 Non Smoker Car
2 Powered by electrons
3 Help clean the air and drive EV
4 EV = clean air
5 EV = healthy air
6 Ditched the tail pipe
I think "burn" has a negative connotation. Burning usually has unhealthy by-products.

My favorites:

This Is What The End Of Gasoline Looks Like
Cut the Nozzle: Drive Electric
Gasoline: I'm Just Not Buying It
I Get Infinity Miles Per Gallon

Or, there's the one that's a bit stronger:
I'm Supporting Our Troops By Driving An EV

DNAinaGoodWay said:
kentuckyleaf said:
kyleaf.jpg

We just went with 100% electric, as the Volt and Prius are part gas part electric. What would be neat is having a PA speaker that plays "It's electric" at every stoplight. It could replace the "going slow" sound.

Love your graphic! Want a sticker with that image that says, "Cordless Car"

And the Jetson's car sound.

Standard Vistaprint.com graphic, free to use when you purchase the sticker - search "green car" on their site, perfect that it's a Leaf :)

I'm thinking of a magnetic one on the lines of "__ Weeks since I've been to a Gas Station" where you could change the numbers using magnetic decals every week. Maybe something shorter, like "__ Weeks without Gasoline". What do you guys think?

A license plate frame that is
Simple...Harmless...Easily Understood...and to the point...

PS, as a veteran I have absolutely no idea how driving an EV exactly correlates to supporting our troops And will probably generate more questions than anything else.... So I can't imagine that most others would grasp that concept. However, if that is how one chooses to do so, then I guess it's better than nothing. Perhaps I am missing something, please connect the dots for me.

rumpole said:

michapok said:
I'm thinking of a magnetic one on the lines of "__ Weeks since I've been to a Gas Station" where you could change the numbers using magnetic decals every week. Maybe something shorter, like "__ Weeks without Gasoline". What do you guys think?

Clever!

dgpcolorado said:
supra410 said:
If you would like some ideas for vanity plates there are a whole lot in the Vanity License Plates ideas??? thread. Some of them are quite clever.

Mine is kind of boring but I knew I would have the only EV in the area so I wanted it to be descriptive, rather than cute:

And it worked: last week a woman followed me to the library to ask me about the car because she spotted the plate.

I really like your plate..

I had a few choices

my first being NOMOGAS 2nd KIKNGAS i think zerogas and a few other choices. In oklahoma you don't know what you get til it shows in the mail. Takes a few months too :(

iamwjh said:

PS, as a veteran I have absolutely no idea how driving an EV exactly correlates to supporting our troops And will probably generate more questions than anything else.... So I can't imagine that most others would grasp that concept. However, if that is how one chooses to do so, then I guess it's better than nothing. Perhaps I am missing something, please connect the dots for me.

rumpole said:

I think it more or less referenced to a recent war in the mid east. The general notion was we had gone to war for oil. Not removing a merciless dictator from power who once had weapons of mass destruction and used them on his people a few decades back. Invaded, stole, murdered people in a neighboring country. Since no wmds were found i'm guessing the general public veiws the government used that as a smoke n mirrors campaign to seize control of a heavy producer in the opec cartel. I'm guessing that may be where the relation of war n oil come from? I don't know, but I do know a few of those members of opec are fairly slimey bastards. In my opinion, I don't really think we depend on foreign oil so much as it being a strategic measure by the U.S. govt. to depleat everyone elses oil before we start using our own. Nevertheless, I choose not to blow my hard earned cash on gas if I don't need to. Btw, from the bottom of my heart. Thanks for your service!

iamwjh said:

rumpole said:

It has more to do with our well-known energy security vulnerabilities, especially the oft-repeated idea that some of the money from our gasoline purchases winds up in the hands of "people who don't like us very much", not any particular event.

iamwjh said:
... PS, as a veteran I have absolutely no idea how driving an EV exactly correlates to supporting our troops And will probably generate more questions than anything else.... So I can't imagine that most others would grasp that concept. However, if that is how one chooses to do so, then I guess it's better than nothing. Perhaps I am missing something, please connect the dots for me.
Dot check - aisle 5 ;)

The Burden
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=277569#p277569
(Watch the full Vimeo clip rather than the youtube clip.)

http://www.operationfree.net/

Thank you for your service!

Back