Amended Settlement in Klee v. Nissan

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As our 2011 Leaf does not have a quickcharge port the card is useless to us too. I'm going to try returning it and asking for the $50 check.

We're in LA and had our free replacement battery installed last month.

Tried using my card last night on the way home. Seemed to activate OK but the DCFC was inop.

I tried activating 3 times before giving up, hopefully it didn't deduct $3 session charge on each attempt.

EvGo seem that they are unable to fix the DCFC, they've been trying since December. Here's the dialog on Plugshare. If they can't keep the DCFC's open, we can't get the benefit of the settlement!!

JP Mar 21, 2016 4:53 PM
would not pass insulation test

Monica_EVgo Mar 2, 2016 10:18 AM
Hi EV Drivers, We are dispatching a field tech again to troubleshoot the issues with this charger. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for your continued patience.

Mar 1, 2016 11:09 PM
KnightMB Feb 25, 2016 3:57 PM
Still not working

Monica_EVgo Feb 1, 2016 10:43 AM
We have a field technician scheduled and hope to have this charger back-up and running soon. We are sorry for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Jan 31, 2016 10:22 AM
Not working still
Andrew Mischke Jan 29, 2016 5:22 PM
Error Code 0x0005 Called nrgevo and reported problem.

Andrew Mischke Jan 12, 2016 4:44 PM
Charger gives error message immediately at insulation test.

Jan 6, 2016 8:09 PM
still broken

Lindsay Jan 3, 2016 8:48 PM
Reported it down Dec. 29. Just called to check the status. NRG says it should be fixed in 2 days.

JPWhite said:
Tried using my card last night on the way home. Seemed to activate OK but the DCFC was inop.

I tried activating 3 times before giving up, hopefully it didn't deduct $3 session charge on each attempt.

EvGo seem that they are unable to fix the DCFC, they've been trying since December. Here's the dialog on Plugshare. If they can't keep the DCFC's open, we can't get the benefit of the settlement!!

JP Mar 21, 2016 4:53 PM
would not pass insulation test

Monica_EVgo Mar 2, 2016 10:18 AM
Hi EV Drivers, We are dispatching a field tech again to troubleshoot the issues with this charger. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for your continued patience.

Mar 1, 2016 11:09 PM
KnightMB Feb 25, 2016 3:57 PM
Still not working

Monica_EVgo Feb 1, 2016 10:43 AM
We have a field technician scheduled and hope to have this charger back-up and running soon. We are sorry for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Jan 31, 2016 10:22 AM
Not working still
Andrew Mischke Jan 29, 2016 5:22 PM
Error Code 0x0005 Called nrgevo and reported problem.

Andrew Mischke Jan 12, 2016 4:44 PM
Charger gives error message immediately at insulation test.

Jan 6, 2016 8:09 PM
still broken

Lindsay Jan 3, 2016 8:48 PM
Reported it down Dec. 29. Just called to check the status. NRG says it should be fixed in 2 days.

yep wondering if the EZ Charge was the best option for me...

http://daveinolywa.blogspot.com/2016/03/50-never-looked-so-good-ez-charge-where.html

dumb question but i can't seem to find anywhere in NRG's website where i can log in and see the charges i've done, or whether or not i've been charged money for a charge. if i understand the NCTC fine print i could be charged money if the car is plugged in for >30min or >1hr depending on the charger. how can you find out short of seeing a charge on your CC?

thanks

astrorob said:
dumb question but i can't seem to find anywhere in NRG's website where i can log in and see the charges i've done, or whether or not i've been charged money for a charge. if i understand the NCTC fine print i could be charged money if the car is plugged in for >30min or >1hr depending on the charger. how can you find out short of seeing a charge on your CC?

thanks

Such "advanced features" are not available on their website.

They have started to email at the end of each billing period usage. That's new believe it or not.

For all of Blink's weaknesses at least you can see usage online shortly after it happens.

astrorob said:

thanks

not dumb... just another example of crooked business practices. check out my post on fast charging observations.... well as soon as I post it that is :)

ok here it is

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=21757

thanks guys - that's pretty stupid. oh well... i suppose carwings can at least tell me how much energy i ended up getting; i don't always have leafspy running when charging.

rob

DaveinOlyWA said:
JPWhite said:
Got mine today. eVgo registered fine, Blink didn't. Not sure why Blink didn't register the EZ Charge Card..

See it is a 90-day card so I'll have to use the snot out of it to get the value :mrgreen:

I tried to do Blink as well and ran into same problems. unable to register the card and tried several different ways. Chargepoint breezed right thru (which figures since most of the Chargepoints around here are not in the program...)

anyone figure out how the blink registration worked?

...and now we know why we couldn't register....

http://insideevs.com/blink-ends-free-level-2-charging-for-nissans-no-charge-to-charge-program/

Looks like Blink have been fired.

JPWhite said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
JPWhite said:
Got mine today. eVgo registered fine, Blink didn't. Not sure why Blink didn't register the EZ Charge Card..

See it is a 90-day card so I'll have to use the snot out of it to get the value :mrgreen:

I tried to do Blink as well and ran into same problems. unable to register the card and tried several different ways. Chargepoint breezed right thru (which figures since most of the Chargepoints around here are not in the program...)

anyone figure out how the blink registration worked?

...and now we know why we couldn't register....

http://insideevs.com/blink-ends-free-level-2-charging-for-nissans-no-charge-to-charge-program/

Looks like Blink have been fired.

EZ Charge never included L2 from any vendor so not the reason....

I remained opted out of the settlement as a matter of principle (and because the 2011 was history). I received the NCTC card with the 2015 so I had no use for a card from the settlement anyway. I already had a Blink account and had no issue linking it to the 2015 NCTC card. The terms on my card include up to 60 minutes of L2 and 30 minutes of L3 (DCQC) without charge for 2 years. Although I don't use public charging often, I have used both L2 and L3 units on the Blink network without charge (not all of the Blink L2 and L3 units in my area were on the NCTC program before). Since Blink is essentially the only game in town in my area, I will have no choice but to pay if I need to use public L2 charging from now on.

Gerry

GerryAZ said:
I remained opted out of the settlement as a matter of principle (and because the 2011 was history). I received the NCTC card with the 2015 so I had no use for a card from the settlement anyway. I already had a Blink account and had no issue linking it to the 2015 NCTC card. The terms on my card include up to 60 minutes of L2 and 30 minutes of L3 (DCQC) without charge for 2 years. Although I don't use public charging often, I have used both L2 and L3 units on the Blink network without charge (not all of the Blink L2 and L3 units in my area were on the NCTC program before). Since Blink is essentially the only game in town in my area, I will have no choice but to pay if I need to use public L2 charging from now on.

Gerry

well EZ Charge is the bone from the settlement and its only good for 30 mins of L3 charging for 90 days. I opted for it because I will easily get my $50 worth out of it.

DaveinOlyWA said:
JPWhite said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
EZ Charge never included L2 from any vendor so not the reason....

According to Nissan's website it both L2 and L3

http://www.nissanusa.com/electric-cars/leaf/charging-range/charging/no-charge-to-charge/

NCTC is NOT the same as EZ charge

OK I'm thoroughly confused.

You say "EZ Charge never included L2 from any vendor" However Nissan NCTC uses EZ-Charge to deliver NCTC to its new car customers.

I visited EZ-Charge website and it has a link to find charging stations in *its* network. Some pins are clearly marked NC others a regular pins. Both type of pins NC or regular include Blink J1772 stations as well as Tesla HPWC and other brands and types of charging stations.
http://www.ez-charge.com/stations/

How can EZ-Charge not support L2 if it supports the Nissan NCTC program which does support L2?

Now I'm lost.

JPWhite said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
JPWhite said:

You say "EZ Charge never included L2 from any vendor" However Nissan NCTC uses EZ-Charge to deliver NCTC to its new car customers.

I visited EZ-Charge website and it has a link to find charging stations in *its* network. Some pins are clearly marked NC others a regular pins. Both type of pins NC or regular include Blink J1772 stations as well as Tesla HPWC and other brands and types of charging stations.

How can EZ-Charge not support L2 if it supports the Nissan NCTC program which does support L2?

Now I'm lost.

EZ Charge is the settlement offer from the topic we are in. its only good for 90 days. NCTC is from buying a LEAF for "anyone" except those who purchased in that teeny tiny window that did not qualify (Like me) and is good for two years

EZ Charge small.jpg

As you can "see", the addage; A Picture is worth 10,000 words does not apply here since about 5,000 of those words do not apply...

In any case; the confusion is easy to see and its me, not you. Since I got my LEAF without NCTC, I don't have any experience with it. So the settlement term of "EZ Charge" is all I know. So does this mean I have a picture of a "NCTC" card in my head? Well, yes as a matter of fact, it does!

DaveinOlyWA said:
JPWhite said:
DaveinOlyWA said:

Now I'm lost.

EZ Charge is the settlement offer from the topic we are in. its only good for 90 days. NCTC is from buying a LEAF for "anyone" except those who purchased in that teeny tiny window that did not qualify (Like me) and is good for two years

As you can "see", the addage; A Picture is worth 10,000 words does not apply here since about 5,000 of those words do not apply...

OK to try and get back on topic. The EZ Charge Cards issued by Nissan as part of the settlement do not include L2. Didn't realize that, but thanks for pointing that out.
Blink do have L3 stations in my market but the EZ Charge card I received won't register with Blink. My expectation is that it would. Others have posted similar issues with this card type and Blink.
Now we learn Blink will no longer be part of NCTC.

It seems to me the exit of Blink from NCTC is quite possibly connected to our inability to register the settlement EZ-Charge cards with Blink. I "should" be able to use the Blink L3's with this card. I can't. Now they are exiting all I'm trying to say is that two are most likely connected in some way. We may never be privy to the private interactions between EZ Charge, Nissan and Blink. Just trying to connect the dots.

Back