Auto Butler

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glenn

Have any LEAF purchasers opted to buy "Auto Butler" protection (or some equivalent)?

http://www.autobutler.com/customer_page_about.html#

Our dealer "highly recommends" this combination interior Fabricare and exterior Paint Protection package. Apparently the price includes re-application every six months for five years. Costs a pretty penny and I suspect it's as much a profit booster for the dealership as it is something that's really worthwhile, but I thought I'd check in with the KnowledgeBase that is MNL before heading into the lion's den. Any reason not to buy a bottle of Scotchgard and a can of Meguiar's every once in a while instead, though I admit that would actually involve some effort on my part? :)

Glenn

I think you know the most economical pathway. If you garage your car at night that is half the battle. You can take the money you save and have leather done for under a grand.
Manny

I vote for Dealership Profit Booster, as the OP guessed.

Our dealer surprised us on delivery day - they had added three "features" in a profit-boosting package "normally priced at $1999, but for you - the internet discount of $999!!" We wound up staring them down to $300. In our case, it was four clear strips that protect your doors when you park too close in a lot and nick the adjacent car; 'invisible' window-etching that makes it easier to track the stolen car; and some sort of fabric protection on the upholstery.

Part of our pushback was my impromptu tirade about how the Leaf actually might be the most theft-proof car on the road today: Zero demand for gray-market parts (every car will be on full factory warranty, with lender-mandated collision insurance for the next several years); unique/rare fueling infrastructure for the forseeable future; and limited range (making its use as a joyride/getaway car pretty dumb). So, who would try to steal one, and why?

Although, I think we will have crossed a real milestone when we see the first high-speed EV chase in LA (think newscopters and live TV feed)... I can only hope it's a Volt, so it runs out of gas, not charge :lol:

EricH said:
...lender-mandated collision insurance for the next several years...

wha? is this in the fine print somewhere? neither the salesperson nor the financial manager at the dealership where I signed my lease said anything about an insurance requirement (other than the minimum liability required by law).

Back