Battery Placement - Hump?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EricBayArea

I saw this drawing of the battery placement for the Leaf's battery pack:

nissan-leaf-electric-car-battery-photo1.jpg

But I'm confused. If the battery is under the floor as per this diagram, what's inside the hump behind the seats?

The battery charger is in the hump along with a large capacity capacitor bank for brake power.

edit : Search for "hump" and here is link --> http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3010" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

smkettner said:
The rear hump has a hatch for emergency battery disconnect.

That's in front of the rear seats in the 'old drive shaft tunnel' while the question was what's in the hump behind the seats as meaning the 'rear' seats but it could mean front. I don't recall anyone showing what's behind this access panel held in place with 3 10mm hex bolts though.

Nekota said:
smkettner said:
The rear hump has a hatch for emergency battery disconnect.

That's in front of the rear seats in the 'old drive shaft tunnel' while the question was what's in the hump behind the seats as meaning the 'rear' seats but it could mean front. I don't recall anyone showing what's behind this access panel held in place with 3 10mm hex bolts though.

Seems to me the bolts should be butterfly or quick release clasps. Requiring a tool for emergency disconnect is pretty lame and potentially lethal if you ask me. I may source some butterfly nuts and see if they fit without making the carpet flap stick up.

JPWhite said:
Seems to me the bolts should be butterfly or quick release clasps. Requiring a tool for emergency disconnect is pretty lame and potentially lethal if you ask me. I may source some butterfly nuts and see if they fit without making the carpet flap stick up.

I replaced the three 6mm thread bolts with knurled heads. I also got two 6mm eye bolts to thread in and tie things down.

TonyWilliams said:
JPWhite said:

I replaced the three 6mm thread bolts with knurled heads. I also got two 6mm eye bolts to thread in and tie things down.

Hadn't thought of knurled heads, yeah that should work. What are the two eye bolts for again, forgive me for being thick.

Back