Blink Network, you are rubbish

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DarthPuppy said:
Well, last week I was finally able to be a Blink customer. Despite signing up as a member and multiple requests for cards as well as follow-up with customer service, I have yet to receive any cards. But I did plan a trip and got a code through their website. That worked well enough. But I can't always anticipate when I will be over-extended and request a code within a day in advance, so I will need a card.

I have their app on my Droid, but can't seem to get it to give me a code, though I was able to get one through the website.

I have also joined ChargePoint and got their card within a couple days. But, I have yet to find one of their chargers near where I commute. I have found one Clipper Creek free charging point. But otherwise, it seems like Blink is dominant where I am. Most other spots I've tried to find through the apps are off-limits, i.e., employee only. I now know where all the local Nissan dealers are as my plan B, but don't want to overstay our welcome on free chargers. If we want charging networks available, we have to recognize that the businesses behind them need to have revenue for it to become a reality.

I hope they can get their situation resolved and be a reliable and profitable network.

I have similar situation being a new Leaf owner. I sign up the Blink membership the week after Ecotality announced bankruptcy. I did not receive my InCard on the first request 3 weeks after request even though the status say the card has been mailed. I made a second request hopefully it's just lost in the mail or something. Now I am worry the bankruptcy maybe why I will never get my card. Or have the chargers maintained at work.
Unfortunately, my company installed 6 Blink chargers in the two building's parking garage in South San Francisco. I can use the few 110V outlets in the parking garage to trickle charge but there are times I need to top off quickly if I need to leave work early. The generating code gets to be a drag, although the app works well enough (slow but worked) on my HTC OneX+. The two charges in the underground garage where I parked is now acting up. One I was told by another Leaf driver is not working, I did not verify. The other one now cuts out about 15 minutes into a charge. I walk away after about 5 minutes it seems to be charging but when I return an hour later it was already off and the charge level is only a few percents. Luckily I didn't see I was charged for that. Now I know why on this thread people don't trust Blink.

Jonathan

Back