Blink vs. Chargepoint. Why is Blink so expensive?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
srl99 said:
You drew 30A at 208V (~6kW) and you shut down a whole (large) restaurant?!? [A grill panel or one oven probably uses more than that.] Your electrical inspector isn't doing their job.
Illustrates rather forcefully the saying "the straw that broke the camel's back" doesn't it? That's got to be some pretty sloppy electrical work.

We had 2 cars pulling in ~45A (1 LEAF @ 3.3kWh, and mine @ 6kWh).

But I did find out what happened. It looks like an improperly sized/labeled breaker, which feeds the panel responsible for powering the charging station is the culprit. So wiring was fine, but breaker wasn't. Went back today, and so far it seems to be working, but haven't been able to stress test it yet.

The ovens were the only thing that survived, so they must have been on an isolated panel, not sure how it is all set up, but very interesting, and a great lesson. I'm thankful they were willing to share all this info, I just call these growing pains, since this area doesn't see much EV activity yet.

I use blink a bit, free membership for one year.

But what upsets me is, if you go 1 min over one hour you get charged for two hours. You would think they could at least charge at 15min intervals.

Epi117 said:
But what upsets me is, if you go 1 min over one hour you get charged for two hours. You would think they could at least charge at 15min intervals.

Perhaps it varies by location, but I've gone as much as 5 minutes over with a Blink charger, and not been charged for an extra hour.

Back