Blown tire

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tire Blowout? Like the tire explodes? I have never experienced that, neither has my whole family.. I have been driving car and motorcycles for 26 years and for the last 10 year i drove around 20000 miles / year and i have experienced flat tires 5 times in total during my lifetime(one of the flats on my back tire of my bike). All of those times with objects (screws) in the tire. All times exept one i have made it to the tireshop to have them fix the tire. The last time i got a screw in the tire i could only drive about 3km (2 miles) and then i had to stop because of a flat.. 500 meters/yards from home... I have never seen a car in Sweden with a tire blowout.. That only happens to trucks here... Why is that? Is the blowout more frequent in hotter climates maybe?

The Ecopias found on the Leaf have a history of going flat and blowing out from what should be minor damage. It is probably because they have soft, flexible sidewalls, in an effort to reduce rolling resistance as much as possible. It appears that the recommended inflation pressure is too low - they seem stronger at 40-42psi. I am 90% sure I'll be replacing mine in the Spring (I have snows on now) so if anyone near Upstate NY needs to buy 1-4 Ecopias with 3k miles on them, PM me.

Back