Bought leaf, clueless dealer offered free oil changes

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brian0123

Bought a used 2012 SL a couple weeks ago and was amazed at how little used dealers know about the Leaf. Dealer didn't have the car charged when I was scheduled to come in for test drive, didn't know how to use the car, and later the car wasn't charged enough for me to drive it home in order for them to complete the sale (forcing me to come back the next day). The best part is I just received a free oil change coupon in the mail from the sales associate. I found a recent post on http://www.treehugger.com/cars/life-used-nissan-leaf-first-month.html that sounded similar to my experience and was wondering if this is a common thing for Leafs. Did any of you have a similar experience buying used or did I just have bad luck?

That is pretty much the state of things. Might be a good idea that we develop a list of dealers by areas with competent Leaf people and focus our business there. My local dealer just eats through staff and the result is nice people who offer oil changes to Leaf buyers and little else.

Most everyone gets those oil change certificates. I think it's really just a case of the automated systems not being set up to distinguish cars that don't require it. I mean, it's not like salesmen are stuffing the envelopes and licking the stamp.

This is too common. I would check this forum for any and all information about the LEAF. The dealer would be lower on my list. There is little maintenance to do on our cars, and the dealers often invent reasons to do much more. Your maintenance manual is key to avoid being overcharged.

Just wait until you get 5 or 6 surveys from Nissan, the dealership, and others asking how you would rate the gas mileage!

Back