Buying used 2014 S Leaf Spy numbers

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

714JPP

Been driving back and forth between a fairly friendly used car dealer who for one reason or another could not get the car charged up, had to offer him to let me drive to a Chademo charging station which he did and boy what an adventure that was. :eek: Had to pay $10 to charge with a call to an attendant and about 20 minutes of trying but successful in the end.

To me these number would indicate to be quite average for the age of the vehicle, wondering if some one would agree or disagree. These were done immediately after doing a DC charge.

2014 S Leaf, 29,000 miles, selling for $10,500

SOH 88% 391.74v
45.31 AH
SOC 77.9%
198 GIDS

714JPP said:
Been driving back and forth between a fairly friendly used car dealer who for one reason or another could not get the car charged up, had to offer him to let me drive to a Chademo charging station which he did and boy what an adventure that was. :eek: Had to pay $10 to charge with a call to an attendant and about 20 minutes of trying but successful in the end.

To me these number would indicate to be quite average for the age of the vehicle, wondering if some one would agree or disagree. These were done immediately after doing a DC charge.

2014 S Leaf, 29,000 miles, selling for $10,500

SOH 88% 391.74v
45.31 AH
SOC 77.9%
198 GIDS
As for the bolded part, uhh, depends on where you're at.

Can you update your location info via your user name in the upper right > User Control Panel > Profile tab? That way, we don't need to ask in future posts/threads or do sleuthing to deduce it.

What are your daily driving needs in terms of miles? How much city vs. highway? Will you have the ability to charge at your work/destinations?

Have any idea where that car resided before (e.g. via Carfax or Autocheck)? What was the Hx number? From the numbers, I suspect it resided in a hot climate like Vegas, Phoenix or Texas, hence the low AHr number.

On my used '13 SV w/build month of 5/2013 that I bought in July 2015, when I last checked on 5/26/16, here were its stats:
AHr: 58.63
SOH: 89%
Hx: 89.03%
odo: 33,750 miles

The # of gids will depend on both state of charge and health of the battery. IIRC, if I charge my current Leaf to 100%, it will be at a bit over 250 gids.

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=431208#p431208 has stats on the '13 I returned in July 2015 and the above car, when I bought it.

The SOH and AH seem pretty low for a 2014, although not really out of line with the odometer mileage. If you have very modest range needs, use that to negotiate a lower price. If you do need more than 50 miles of range, I suggest you keep looking. At least it has QC, meaning the faster onboard charger as well, and you actually have QC stations in your area...

Thank you for you contributions.

I'm going to be using the vehicle in orange County, CA (location updated) to get to work. The distance is about 25 miles roundtrip, which I think a Leaf will serve well for this amount of miles.

I'm not sure where the car came from because the dealer had shown me a Carfax of another 2014 he was selling same color but believing it was for this one, was not until test-driving it that we noticed different amount of miles. ;) But the Vin look up says production date was 01.2014.

Funny thing is when we opened up the hood it was rather dirty with a some kind of white dust residue,might have overheated and spewed everywhere. :eek: Attaching a picture of it the red arrow points to the source of where this may have come.

1.jpg

I also discovered the vehicle has the clicking noise during acceleration and decceleration and which is talked about here so not looking good for me.
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=12121&start=70

You would think a good car dealer would have had the engine bay cleaned out. It does give you pause to see some mysterious stuff everywhere. There are a lot of these cars for sale. Yours has a very low AHr so it may have led a hard life. How many bars are to the rightmost display on the dash?

LeftieBiker said:
A little of the white stuff isn't unusual, but that car has a lot. Unless the dealer will replace the axles and still sell it cheap, I'd pass.
Yeah. Both my former Leaf after 2 years and my current one have a sort of whitish deposit on top of the PDM stack.

I guess that one in the pics is more than expected. Not sure if there was somehow a boil over? Not sure why that would happen since I don't think anything on the coolant loop would get that hot, unlike an ICEV on a hot day, which can boil over.

cwerdna said:
LeftieBiker said:
A little of the white stuff isn't unusual, but that car has a lot. Unless the dealer will replace the axles and still sell it cheap, I'd pass.
Yeah. Both my former Leaf after 2 years and my current one have a sort of whitish deposit on top of the PDM stack.

I guess that one in the pics is more than expected. Not sure if there was somehow a boil over? Not sure why that would happen since I don't think anything on the coolant loop would get that hot, unlike an ICEV on a hot day, which can boil over.
Same here, like a heavy buildup of oxidation, my '12 has no such deposits but then again the '12 looks pretty different under the hood...I'm not particularly worried about it but have wondered if a good cleaning and then maybe a application of car polish might keep it from happening again....

EVforRobert said:
You would think a good car dealer would have had the engine bay cleaned out. It does give you pause to see some mysterious stuff everywhere. There are a lot of these cars for sale. Yours has a very low AHr so it may have led a hard life. How many bars are to the rightmost display on the dash?

It showed 12 bars on the dash.

Due to the residue, the clicking noise and the lower than normal LeafSpy numbers, I'm moving on to another one.

I'm hopeful the other will be in better condition.

Funny thing is test driving it, it drove wonderfully, quick acceleration, soft on the road, I felt like the car was hovering over the road, amazing ride and still smelled new!! :lol:

Back