CARWINGS not working

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DesertDenizen said:
Signing in anew did nothing for my Carwings.

Please check this also just to make sure. This is what I got a while ago from CS
From the Navigation unit:

Information sharing with Nissan:
Menu > Carwings > Carwings settings > Information sharing with Nissan. Make sure this is on.

After you have checked these settings, please allow 24 – 48 hours for information to update on your Carwings account. If after this time frame you do not have driving data, please give us a direct call @ 1-877-664-2738 for further assistance.

EdmondLeaf said:
DesertDenizen said:
Signing in anew did nothing for my Carwings.

Please check this also just to make sure. This is what I got a while ago from CS
From the Navigation unit:

Information sharing with Nissan:
Menu > Carwings > Carwings settings > Information sharing with Nissan. Make sure this is on.

After you have checked these settings, please allow 24 – 48 hours for information to update on your Carwings account. If after this time frame you do not have driving data, please give us a direct call @ 1-877-664-2738 for further assistance.

I signed in again, and did the above, it worked for three days then nothing.

I am very consistent doing my re-sign, it is only way to make CW work. OK dealers still don't service Leaf, and no QC to go to Dallas

EdmondLeaf said:
I am very consistent doing my re-sign, it is only way to make CW work. OK dealers still don't service Leaf, and no QC to go to Dallas

Hi. Can you explain "very consistent doing my re-sign"? With what frequency? Thanks.

I'm having an unusual Carwings issue. The Carwings website has not updated my car's data since March 14th. Otherwise the car communicates with the app and website for charge status and climate control functions just fine. Any ideas how to correct? :?

I'll repeat what I said a month ago or so on another thread.....Carwings is a POS, that's not needed with this wonderful short-range commute car. Just drive and enjoy.

DesertDenizen said:
Hi. Can you explain "very consistent doing my re-sign"? With what frequency? Thanks.
When I am done for a day I re-sign to my account - User id and password, but because both of then stored in CW it is not difficult and fast. Driving history is updated within few hours or longer on weekends

derkraut said:
I'll repeat what I said a month ago or so on another thread.....Carwings is a POS, that's not needed with this wonderful short-range commute car. Just drive and enjoy.

I have to disagree. I use it every morning to pre-heat my car before leaving for work in the winter. I also use it to start my A/C in the summer when i go somewhere and am walking back to my car. It is also a convenient way for me to check my SOC or to top-up from 80% to 100% an hour and a half before leaving for a longer trip. I also like comparing my driving to others in the world and to track my use of the car and electric consumption. Overall I find it to be very useful.

The Leaf app and the green charge app have not been able to communicate with car since April 18th. I'm gonna try pulling the fuse.

nader said:
The Leaf app and the green charge app have not been able to communicate with car since April 18th. I'm gonna try pulling the fuse.
fuse did nothing good for me, but CW re-sign once a day works

Carwings has been functioning, but not well lately. A couple of days ago it was unable to connect with information center to get the destinations I had programmed in from Google Maps. Fortunately I was not dependent on it. Yesterday I drove about 70 miles or so in 9 trips. I had forgotten to set the trip meter, so I decided to use Carwings driving history to see how far I went. It said I went 27 miles in 3 trips.

Rat said:
Carwings has been functioning, but not well lately. A couple of days ago it was unable to connect with information center to get the destinations I had programmed in from Google Maps. Fortunately I was not dependent on it. Yesterday I drove about 70 miles or so in 9 trips. I had forgotten to set the trip meter, so I decided to use Carwings driving history to see how far I went. It said I went 27 miles in 3 trips.

I have given up on Carwings. No driving history since Oct 21, cannot access Google maps either. Not a big deal except with all the new roads in my area in recent years Google maps is more up to date than what the navi has.

DesertDenizen said:
I have given up on Carwings.
I'm pretty much there, too. I refuse to sign in constantly just so that it can do its job. If Nissan ever wants money from us in the future for Carwings, they have some work to do!

RegGuheert said:
DesertDenizen said:
I have given up on Carwings.
I'm pretty much there, too. I refuse to sign in constantly just so that it can do its job. If Nissan ever wants money from us in the future for Carwings, they have some work to do!

If your 2012 have a problems with CW therefore no need for me to go and do software update for 2011. I love silence when my door is open and car is on (I think that was the core of this update, not mentioning CW update that did nothing).

For a little over a week now ... have not received charging status notifications. And for the past few days have had many "Status Update Failed" occurences. The latter has happened before, here at home, since we are in a marginal area for AT&T cell reception.

The no-status-updates started same day my son changed default from 80% to 100% on the charging timer (Sunday a week ago). And I have not had time to further investigate.

But something strange just happened using CarWings in my browser vis-a-vis him using it on his smartphone.

When I did an update (successful for the first time in several days; car is parked somewhere else) I get a spinning icon and the "turn off" button under climate control. So I called my son. He checked with his phone, and it was *NOT* spinning, and when he checked the car, climate control (and the car) was off. Several minutes later, I repeated the status in IE9 ... the icon is still spinning. I then logged in using FireFox. Before hitting the update button the Climate Control Icon was spinning ... and it still spins after the update.

:?:

If CW just quits and never comes back, it might be a bad TCU, which happened to me after my first few months with the car. Replaced under warranty and fine ever since, though I rarely use CW--too complex and unnecessary for a commuter/local car.

richard said:
cdub said:
My little Carwings radio icon (the car with the antenna signal lines) is greyed out.
Won't let me update stations or control the car remotely.
Has anyone else seen this?
Log in to your owner's portal, and open up CARWINGS (bottom option). See if it's been recording driving history or not.

If it's stopped recording, try reauthenticating (using vehicle touch pad to re-enter your CARWINGS username and password. In my experience, this will start CARWINGS connecting again.

Then call your dealer and tell them you're having CARWINGS reliability problems. There's a Technical Service Bulletin out for the early cars (I think yours may qualify). The problem is the Telematics Communications Unit (TCU) giving up after X number of failed connections. The fix is a firmware update.
I've seen Carwings stop working several times and wondered what I did to make that happen. Each time, I simply reset the vehicle Carwings to factory settings (minor inconvenience) rather than troubleshoot the issue. Now I have a reason to have the upgrade done.

Anybody know how long that actually takes? What else does the upgrade fix/change? (Remove the "permission to contact Nissan" prompt perhaps?)

Back