Carwings

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
raleedy said:
That link is not helpful as long as the new portal isn't working properly.
Just use the default Nissan owners portal.
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=nissan+owners+portal

There's lots of info in that other thread.. Makes sense (to me) to keep portal cutover issues/info in one thread to make it easier for people to find..

desiv
(Yes, Nissan shouldn't leave the old link at a 404.)

Your responses seem offensively patronizing. If the Nissan portal were working for me I wouldn't be here complaining. It's not.

Thanks. It's a very long thread with a lot of irrelevant discussion about 2G. I am able to long into the Nissan Owners Portal. The problem I am having is with the new Nissan OwnersConnect app. It doesn't. Newly downloaded iOS version.

raleedy said:
I am able to long into the Nissan Owners Portal. The problem I am having is with the new Nissan OwnersConnect app. It doesn't. Newly downloaded iOS version.
I skipped to the end of the thread. ;-)
I haven't gotten that far.. (trying the app on my phone)
I logged into the portal, see my Leaf with it's VIN there, accepted the agreements, got my new PIN/PWD to try in the Leaf, but when I put those into the Leaf, it doesn't connect.
Until I get the Leaf to connect to the new site, I won't try the app...

desiv

raleedy said:
Your responses seem offensively patronizing. If the Nissan portal were working for me I wouldn't be here complaining. It's not.

You might not want to hang around on this forum then. I think desiv's comments are mild. Compare that to some of the monsters who troll this forum it was quite pleasant. I've learned not to be such a delicate flower on this site since so many come here to spread vinegar on way too many new people who ask newby questions. Some comments I just don't post and others I carefully think about hoping to steer clear of rattling someone's cage and having to view their rage.

You are right though. Nissan aren't handling the re-direction very well to the correct place on their website. I only knew of the change due to this forum and an email I almost ignored.

Thanks. I don't spend much time here; I came looking for help, which has been kindly provided once desiv understood my problem. I was a little short with him, a reflection, I guess, of being annoyed by the whole (to me entirely unnecessary and needlessly clumsy) switchover.

Didn't bother me at all..
I just like to keep info in 1 thread where possible...
And the LMGTFY link isn't the best for "friendly advice", but I just love those.. ;-) Sorry... ; -)

desiv

Thanks again for both your patience and your help. I didn't know about the need to connect the car from the car end; so I have that yet to do. That's probably why the (now apparently available on the App Store) iOS App isn't working for me.

Back