CD player keeps opening randomly

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

humphie

any ideas on why our CD player opens at random. no cd in the player and it will open multiple times while driving. (it's a 2013 SV) thx

when the power is turned on initially, the nav screen drops down. when we close, it will then open (drop down) randomly and constantly while driving/. there is no cd in the drive.

is there a way to "reset" it?!?! or something?

There are settings for different angles on the nav screen, but if it's opening all the way, the switch is getting activated somehow and you should have a dealer look at it.

a bare wire makes sense to me as it seems to happen after a bump in the road. thank you for the help

Once mine wouldn't stay closed after I inserted a new CD. It would close then immediately reopen. I would then eject and reinsert the CD. This happened about 4 times in a row, so I just ejected the CD and turned the radio off. The next time I drove the car it worked fine and has ever since.

DNAinaGoodWay said:
There are settings for different angles on the nav screen, but if it's opening all the way, the switch is getting activated somehow and you should have a dealer look at it.

Uh huh.... So, what are these different settings, and how do we access them? Never saw that in the menus....

SimonMTL said:
Uh huh.... So, what are these different settings, and how do we access them? Never saw that in the menus....

Never mind. I figured it out. The OPEN button for the CD also serves as TILT, which tilts the screen when held pressed for a few seconds.

Back