Charge always "Standby"

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

enzocc2

My Leaf 2013 have difficult to charge at public electric outles im my city Siena Toscany. After several attemps in the past I could charge but now always "Standby"
t may depend on cable that does not transmit data or software machine?
Thank you very much for solution!
enzocc2

If I understand you correctly, you have a charge timer set that is not active when you try to charge. This would result in the three blue lights on top of the dashboard flashing in sequence, over and over. Press the Timer Override button (it shows a clock with the word "Off") before trying to charge. If that works, turn off all charge timers.

LeftieBiker said:
If I understand you correctly, you have a charge timer set that is not active when you try to charge. This would result in the three blue lights on top of the dashboard flashing in sequence, over and over. Press the Timer Override button (it shows a clock with the word "Off") before trying to charge. If that works, turn off all charge timers.
Actualy our public colunms charge work with Card recognition and bring insertion cable but not flashing light because on display column " car standby". It don't open switch corrent to flow. The our equipment is http://www.eneldrive.it" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Where there isn't regular software as electrical outlet housewife the charge it is operating normally.
Many thanks

The flashing lights that LeftieBiker mentioned are on the dashboard of the car. If a timer in the car is set, it will not let the car charge until that time. The public charge station will indicate something like "standby" or "waiting for car." This is a very common error. It may be that you charge at home during the time the timer is set for.

What is the behavior of the blue lights on the dashboard when you first plug in and activate the charging station?

Are these stations working for other Leafs?

enzocc2 said:
LeftieBiker said:
Actualy our public colunms charge work with Card recognition and bring insertion cable but not flashing light because on display column " car standby". It don't open switch corrent to flow. The our equipment is http://www.eneldrive.it" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Where there isn't regular software as electrical outlet housewife the charge it is operating normally.
Many thanks

91040 said:
The flashing lights that LeftieBiker mentioned are on the dashboard of the car. If a timer in the car is set, it will not let the car charge until that time. The public charge station will indicate something like "standby" or "waiting for car." This is a very common error. It may be that you charge at home during the time the timer is set for.

What is the behavior of the blue lights on the dashboard when you first plug in and activate the charging station?

Are these stations working for other Leafs?

enzocc2 said:
LeftieBiker said:
Many thanks
The three lights are on the dashboard in the center near the front glass and they remain off when "standby" while flashing with home charge. No one ever talked about the timer and even instruction manual Nissan Leaf.
I must come back Nissan dealer my city.
Again many thanks.

You can download the manuals at https://owners.nissanusa.com/nowners/navigation/manualsGuide" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

Page CH-31 (80 in the PDF) describes the charging timer override button. CH-33 and a few beyond that discuss the 3 blue lights.

Please let us know-

1) Does the public charging station work for other Leafs?
2) Is the Voltage the same on the public and home charging station?
3) What brand of EVSE is being used at home?

Random thoughts-
The 2013s had problems with the power distribution module as well as software communication with some brands of EVSEs.
The connector on the public unit might have a problem.
The diode in the charger may be bad. Some EVSEs check for this, some don't.

91040 said:
Please let us know-

1) Does the public charging station work for other Leafs?
2) Is the Voltage the same on the public and home charging station?
3) What brand of EVSE is being used at home?

Random thoughts-
The 2013s had problems with the power distribution module as well as software communication with some brands of EVSEs.
The connector on the public unit might have a problem.
The diode in the charger may be bad. Some EVSEs check for this, some don't.
Good Evening,
1) Yes, but in my city Siena central Italy end small town about 55.000 people, the Nissan Leaf are 5. Often same problems electric connection. The n. 33 public charging station are new and they still not powered all.
2) No Voltage of public charging is three-phase 400 V 22 KW, my home 230 V 4,5 KW with power pack Nissan equipped when I bought car. .
3) Normal outlet 16 A 230 V a.c at my home.
I bought my Leaf 10 Dicember 2013 last European version with 199 Km declared autonomy.
Thank You

So you can charge on Level 2 units using the AC charger in the car but not with the DC Quick Chargers? Then as stated in your first post, it sounds like a problem with the communication between the Leaf and the DC Charger.

Any chance that your connecting cable is not rated for high power charging?

Unfortunately, I am not familiar with charging in Europe. Hopefully, some more knowledgeable members will answer. Good luck.

91040 said:
So you can charge on Level 2 units using the AC charger in the car but not with the DC Quick Chargers? Then as stated in your first post, it sounds like a problem with the communication between the Leaf and the DC Charger.

Any chance that your connecting cable is not rated for high power charging?

Unfortunately, I am not familiar with charging in Europe. Hopefully, some more knowledgeable members will answer. Good luck.
Thank you,
with the manual downloaded I solved the problem. I push the power switch always without touch the brake for it control km range. What did Standby in display AC Public Charge. My italian summary manual told there alone in Fast Charge.
I am an electrotechnical and I will visit industry Nissan Leaf at Sunderland.
Greetings

Back