chargebox portable CHAdeMO

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't you have to be a CHAdeMO member to get the specs? I guess that's not the same as licensing fees. They may have even removed that requirement a while back. I guess I should chime in when I'm not 100% sure. I thought I was, but I forgot until you questioned it? Remind me, Tony, what's the current state of affairs? You'd know. ;)

A local EV driver near me has built a CHAdeMO charger that plugs into standard 240V outlets awhile back so this product isn't that surprising.

GeekEV said:
Don't you have to be a CHAdeMO member to get the specs? I guess that's not the same as licensing fees. They may have even removed that requirement a while back. I guess I should chime in when I'm not 100% sure. I thought I was, but I forgot until you questioned it? Remind me, Tony, what's the current state of affairs? You'd know. ;)

The spec costs about $165.

No licensing, and has been open since August 2012.

If you want to be a CHAdeMO member, the fee is $5000.

Well that's not bad at all. I just remember in the "early days" there was a LOT of discussion here about expensive it was to get any CHAdeMO information. Ah, selective memory. :D

EVDRIVER said:
$20K and no USA EVSE really supplies more than 7kw.
http://www.clippercreek.com/store/product-category/all-products/high-power/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sure, not as common as your typical 30A EVSE, but there's quite a few of the ClipperCreek CS-90/100 EVSEs out there.

I would rather see this sort of technology being put inside regular charge stations. So when you pull up to the station you can grab the J1772 for an L2 charge, or grab the DC option for faster charging.. But what to call it? Maybe instead of calling it L2 or L3, you could call it L2.5 indicating that it is faster than an L2 station, but not quite a real L3 station.

EVDRIVER said:

Be careful when using absolutes. We have a very generous donor in upstate NY who helped install several 80A EVSEs (~20kW, near the limit of this box). A unit that could convert from this high-end up L2 (which is otherwise unusable to all but the few Teslas with dual chargers such as the donor) would be quite welcome, if not for this price.

drees said:
EVDRIVER said:
http://www.clippercreek.com/store/product-category/all-products/high-power/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sure, not as common as your typical 30A EVSE, but there's quite a few of the ClipperCreek CS-90/100 EVSEs out there.

Well aware of the exceptions:) to clarify "most". Regardless it's a $1,000 a kw.

Back