"Charger temperature error" during DCQC

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timhebb

After several minutes of routinely quick charging my 2013 SV at a Nissan dealership, charging halted at 51% and the QC unit display read:

"A charger temperature error occurred.
Remove the charge connector from the vehicle.
When finished, please contact the device administrator."

This was a first in my experience. I disconnected and drove to a Level 2 charging station a few minutes away, then finished charging to near 100% without incident. The battery temperature bars never went past six.

No issues since then, at least not with my LEAF (not sure about the QC unit).

Anyone have any ideas about this? Maybe a one-off glitch? At first I thought there might be a problem with my onboard charger, then soon realized it isn't used during DCQC.

Mine was the third LEAF in rapid succession to use the QC there. Too much strain on it? It was a very warm day...

The way that I read the message, it is talking about internal temp of the DCFC only. That also goes along with a few people charging back to back and it being a very warm day.

Did you let the dealership know? It would be interesting to check back with them in a week or so to see if they found anything.

I was back at the same dealership (Downtown Nissan) yesterday, and was able to QC without incident. But one of the access fob holders there told me there had been problems with the QC unit just that morning, and on some occasions previously. He said it was receiving very heavy use and felt that may be related.

Still, shouldn't the engineering of the unit account for and be designed for heavy, serial use? The weather is not yet all that hot; what will happen later in the summer?

Back