Charging to 80% and 100% at different times

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^Thanks! We're daily drivers, and Boston area temps at night/morning (when charge is full) rarely exceed 80F, but just in case, we've defaulted to 80% for our first July & August (with our used 2013 Leaf previously domiciled in Atlanta). So I'm feeling pretty good. Haven't checked GIDs in a while, but still have all pips at 38.7k miles.

Arlington said:
^Thanks! We're daily drivers, and Boston area temps at night/morning (when charge is full) rarely exceed 80F, but just in case, we've defaulted to 80% for our first July & August (with our used 2013 Leaf previously domiciled in Atlanta). So I'm feeling pretty good. Haven't checked GIDs in a while, but still have all pips at 38.7k miles.

Remember to periodically charge it to 100% to keep the cells balanced. I would suggest at least once every seven to ten days.

baustin said:
Arlington said:

Remember to periodically charge it to 100% to keep the cells balanced. I would suggest at least once every seven to ten days.
We seem to stumble into doing things mostly right: in advance of busy Saturday driving, we have been in the habit of charging to 100% in our Fri-Sat nightly cycle, and on your recommendation, we'll make sure we continue this.

Back