Chevrolet Bolt & Bolt EUV

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I own a couple cobalt xfe 2 door and besides the fabric seats always found the interior easy to clean, no complaints.

I am told a Cobalt has a far worse interior than a Cruze for what it's worth.

NeilBlanchard said:
mtndrew1 said:
Stoaty said:
That is all I need to know, Bolt is out for me. Leaf interior is fine by my standards, but don't want to go lower quality.

Give it a shot in person before writing it off but I was very disappointed. I can't fathom spending $43,000 on a car that feels like the Bolt inside.

The Bolt EV feels no nicer inside than a Honda Fit to me.

"Feeling nice" is a subjective thing.

How it works is what matters most.

That's why I wrote "to me" after it. To people who care about interior materials quality the Bolt faces an uphill battle.

rmay635703 said:
I own a couple cobalt xfe 2 door and besides the fabric seats always found the interior easy to clean, no complaints.

I am told a Cobalt has a far worse interior than a Cruze for what it's worth.

If you're happy with the Cobalt interior you'll be thrilled with the Bolt interior. It's an impressive package if the materials and seats aren't a bother.

Still driving the ‘2013’ Fit EV. With 55k miles at 54 months, no detectable battery capacity loss. When Lease ends in July next year the Bolt is it’s most likely replacement.

During early viewing at the LA Auto Show, I had an uninterrupted half hour to crawl all over the Bolt. Coming from Fit EV and C-Max Energi, Bolt feels roomier than either. Visibility is similarly good, Seats felt supportive and comfortable to me. Manual adjustment made it easy to find a comfortable position with seats not fully slid back (I’m 6’1”). Better interior storage than either Fit or C-Max. Rear seats have cavernous headroom, fold billiard table flat, and there is useful storage under the rear cargo floor. Looking forward to having a DCQC option, and enough range to charge consistently off-peak, or just once between LA and the bay area. I expect to lease so that GM holds the risk of lost battery capacity. Unfortunately we bought the ‘2013’ C-Max which at 42 months and 40k miles (50% EV) has lost 30% of its capacity, and 70% of it’s value (on trend to be of 'donation' value when Model 3 arrives).

If Bolt fails the test drive, back-up plan would be to renew the lease again on the Fit.

GRA said:
I was almost hoping that the first would be delivered on Dec. 17th, the anniversary of an earlier significant change in transportation. Maybe this date will someday be remembered similarly, although I suppose Dec. 2010 is more likely.

Or Dec 5.. The 20yr anniversary of the EV1.

Those 3 might be the only ones in 2016. I just visited nearby Simpson Chevy (Irvine, CA) where I bought my Volt (and does a LOT of Volt sales). They've got 80 on order, 40 of which already sold. They expect inventory first week of January.

GregH said:
GRA said:
I was almost hoping that the first would be delivered on Dec. 17th, the anniversary of an earlier significant change in transportation. Maybe this date will someday be remembered similarly, although I suppose Dec. 2010 is more likely.

Or Dec 5.. The 20yr anniversary of the EV1.

Those 3 might be the only ones in 2016. I just visited nearby Simpson Chevy (Irvine, CA) where I bought my Volt (and does a LOT of Volt sales). They've got 80 on order, 40 of which already sold. They expect inventory first week of January.

It's not a good indication of any pent up demand.

If no deliveries were expected outside of California for many months and they still had cars in stock, that would be worrisome. The fact that other CARB states should be getting Bolts in the next three months means that there is little good reason to jump on the CA cars if you don't live there. People in-state may also be waiting to see if the cars are glitchy.

LeftieBiker said:
If no deliveries were expected outside of California for many months and they still had cars in stock, that would be worrisome. The fact that other CARB states should be getting Bolts in the next three months means that there is little good reason to jump on the CA cars if you don't live there. People in-state may also be waiting to see if the cars are glitchy.

Still, given all the press exposure & reviews, the "range breakthru" for a < $40K BEV, and 400K reservations for Model 3,
you'd expect a much greater demand than 50% of a dealer's factory order/allocation.

Hopefully, this does not indicate a market problem and corroborates GM's low production build forecast schedule
for 2017.

I guess we'll see how many sell in January.. I recall seeing some article imply they were only making about 100/wk..

Edit: oops.. Yeah, 100/day

GregH said:
I guess we'll see how many sell in January.. I recall seeing some article imply they were only making about 100/wk..

I think that was 100/day.

Does anyone know the L2 charging rate (in kw) for the Bolt, assuming the EVSE can supply as much as needed? I have been unable to find it through a google search.

Per IEVS, 579 sold in December: http://insideevs.com/chevrolet-bolt-ev-debuts-with-579-sales-but-volt-steals-the-show-selling-record-3691/

The first ones were picked up by customers on Dec. 13th, but no one on mychevybolt.com reported getting one until the last couple of days of the month, and these are people who ordered ASAP.

A question for anyone who has sat in a Bolt.

How does the interior space compare to Leaf. Esp. the trunc ?

I've not read thr' this thread ...

I've read quite a bit at the Bolt forum, and the consensus is that the Bolt is bigger inside than the Leaf, with seats that really fold flat. A consensus is also emerging that, if you're more than 150lbs and at all wide or tall, you won't like the Bolt's seats.

LeftieBiker said:
I've read quite a bit at the Bolt forum, and the consensus is that the Bolt is bigger inside than the Leaf, with seats that really fold flat. A consensus is also emerging that, if you're more than 150lbs and at all wide or tall, you won't like the Bolt's seats.
Sounds good - since I'm << 150 pounds ;)

I'm interested in trunk space when the seats aren't folded. Unlikely I'll ever fold them in the time I'll have Bolt before I get Tesla 3 - since taking out the child seats is a pain.

In Leaf I can put the umbrella stroller and have enough space for a couple of large water bottles and a few grocery bags. How's Bolt ?

Back