Climate and Charge Timer Question

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nomatterwhat

Hey All,

I have some questions. I have the base model S with the quick charge option. I have a 40 Amp 240v circuit at home with the Bosch 30 amp
charger for some background.

I'm trying to wrap my head around the Charge Timer. Say I set it to 6 am. That means it would be charged by 6 am daily. The problem with this is say I came home at 8 pm and had 20% charge and needed to drive somewhere at 11 pm. let's assume the charging wouldn't have started until 1 am. I can't see a use case scenario for this timer other than off-peak charging, otherwise it's too risky, emergencies, etc. Sure you can press the charge now button but I would likely forget. Am I missing something?

The 2nd question is the climate timer. If this is set to say 7 am and don't enter the car all day will it cool all day or does it shutoff at 7 am?

Thanks,

Greg

1.) Yes you are correct, you car will not start charging until it thinks it needs to in order to make the 6 AM (or whatever end time you set) cutoff. If you need it to charge again sooner than that, either hit the Timer Override switch, or turn off the charge timer.

2.) Once the climate control timer reaches the preset time, it shuts off, and does not continue to maintain that temperature.

What I do is if I ever get home with less than 40 percent I just hit the off button and just let it charge right away in case I need to go somewhere later. If I remember an hour later, I go out and unplug it and plug it back in so that the remainder of the charge is added at the command of the charge timer. I aim to put it to bed between 40 and 60 percent.

If you are going for the TOU rates. There is a huge On-Peak cost for charging from 3p-8p. If your leaf is to low to use with 20% left. You might need to fall back to your ICE Car.

flyonpa said:
If you are going for the TOU rates. There is a huge On-Peak cost for charging from 3p-8p. If your leaf is to low to use with 20% left. You might need to fall back to your ICE Car.
You're making more assumptions than you need to. For example, my peak pricing is 11am-9pm.

Back