Comparing the S to the SV - a few questions

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
End of the month time! Dealers are tripping all over themselves to make a deal. Heck, at this point, never mind the S, I've got offers on an SL that aren't that far away from the SV price. :cool: :cool: . The SV has most everything I'd want, but I wouldn't turn my nose up at an SL for a steal...

I personally had the same dilemma, S or SV.

I ended up choosing the SV for 3 reasons:

1. Better seat covers - I test drove an S and I hated the feel of the material, it just felt cheap.
2. Cruse Control - I drive the highways sometimes and I like to have the option to relax.
3. Price Difference - For only $2k difference, I was able to get all the features of the S + Nav, Cruse, QC, Heat Pump, LED headlights, 6KW charger, Automatic heat/AC controls, and nicer seats.

Then again, I was stepping down from a top end Altima with Leather, Nav, and all the bells and whistles. That right there made it hard to give up all the features.

But as with anything, this is only my opinion. Do what works for you.

So, today's the end of the month. Dealers in the East are given at least one Leaf as part of their allotment, and unlike on the West coast, sometimes they have trouble selling them, which can make for a really good deal for you. Someone will make you a deal you can't refuse. Bet you end up with the SL.

NX2001 said:
I ended up choosing the SV for 3 reasons:

3. Price Difference - For only $2k difference, I was able to get all the features of the S + Nav, Cruse, QC, Heat Pump, LED headlights, 6KW charger, Automatic heat/AC controls, and nicer seats.

QC and LED headlights are not standard on the 2013 SV and are part of a $1630 option package. Comparing MSRPs, the difference is more like $4650 when compared to a Leaf S with no options whatsoever, and $3350 when compared to a Leaf S with the optional Charge Package (QC, faster OBC, rear view camera).

What is true is that on the SV, you get things either as standard equipment or optional that are not available at all on the S: cruise control, heat pump heater, LED headlights, navigation, and nicer seats. However automatic temperature control is also standard on the Leaf S; what you don't get is the ability to turn on the climate control remotely, as the Leaf S lacks CarWings.

DNAinaGoodWay said:
So, today's the end of the month. Dealers in the East are given at least one Leaf as part of their allotment, and unlike on the West coast, sometimes they have trouble selling them, which can make for a really good deal for you. Someone will make you a deal you can't refuse. Bet you end up with the SL.

You ain't kiddin...I've got two dealers in a bidding war to get me into their showroom today. One is offering an SV for a great price, the other is offering an SL for only $25/month more. Both are offering me 15k/miles per year in the price. I've just been contemplating how much I want/need the extras the SL has, but I think I may go for it.

That's odd...I'm dealing with a couple difference dealers and they all seem to be taking their sweet time getting back to me, even at the end of the month. Maybe the West Coast is different.

alexpwilliams said:
That's odd...I'm dealing with a couple difference dealers and they all seem to be taking their sweet time getting back to me, even at the end of the month. Maybe the West Coast is different.

Or they already hit their quota on LEAFs and are concentrating on other models.

Back