complimentary maintenance

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stanton said:
rawhog said:
Good luck with that. I can't see independent shops buying the Nissan proprietary software they would need to pull the info Nissan needs for the battery warranty.

Exactly. Anyone buying this (or really any) EV need to realize that they are pretty much limited to the dealer for repair and maintenance. That's why I'm contemplating an extended (Nissan) warranty; you have 3 years to make the decision, but I'm not sure if it covers things like "battery checks" anyway.
I duno ... maybe in YOUR area that's true. But here in Cali there are several shops - extremely knowledgable and up to date on all things related to electric transportation. My favorite being:

http://www.lusciousgarage.com/

I'd bet dollars to donuts they'll be ready with the appropriated diagnostic equipment when the time comes to think aftermarket.
;)

rawhog said:
Look at it this way. The report has to be cheap or else Nissan would not give the first two away for free.

Connect car via bluetooth on Consult, run report. Something that could be done when getting another bug fixed. NIssan should not charge for this for the first three years minimum, it's for their benefit during that period for the most part.

Having received an email that has wording in conflict with what's in the printed manual ... which way should hobbyguy lean ? Mileage or time ?

I would go with the printed manual. OTOH, being such a vital component, I would also call Customer Service line (and keep a copy of the transcript) and get a tie-breaker vote.

DaveinOlyWA said:
hobbyguy said:
You've driven 14,201 miles in your Nissan LEAF since you took delivery.
well this implies that someone is keeping tabs on you. ...
I wonder where they are getting the mileage information. If it's from the same source that Carwings uses, then some of us will get the letter really late as it seems that the Leaf only keeps data from the last trip. If you drive the car out of cell phone range and turn it off, then it's not able to update Nissan's database for that trip.

I have put 2193 miles on our Leaf, but Carwings thinks I only have 1152 miles since I've kept the car at our mountain cabin (which does not have cell phone service) for most of the summer.

Dave

Back