Consumer Reports

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really like the brightly colored interior, but yeah, unfortunately it is going to be harder to keep clean...

garygid said:
Can you post a link or two to the seat cushions that you think would work well? Thanks

Here's where I found a nice assortment: http://www.amazon.com/gp/search/ref=sr_st?keywords=seat+cushions+for+cars&qid=1286215416&rh=n%3A15684181%2Ck%3Aseat+cushions+for+cars&sort=price

I'm leaning toward the 'Sport' because it also covers the headrests and the others don't. The only natural ones I've found so far are the wood beaded ones, but nothing covers the headrests.

garygid said:
Doesn't it take a lot MORE energy to separate, crush, chip, "purify", "melt", and re-form?

Difficult to tell without doing lifecycle analysis. But some of the analysis I've seen (for other products) says recycling uses less energy than virgin products.

There is also the pure environmental impact (as in non-emission related) in terms of trash. A recycled bottle is much better than a landfilled one.

Consumer Reports is NOT for Early Adopters! The CR rating system is based on direct product comparisons and not set up to judge a "first of it's kind". Once the market segment gets competitive and has many choices to be objectively compared to each other, CR will have something useful to say. For now, not so much.

Back