Covercraft Evolution 3 cover

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gncndad

What's going on? Just took delivery of a Covercraft Evolution 3 cover, complete with custom-designed access flap to accommodate the charging port.
Weird: the trapezoidal flap is attached on the BOTTOM edge, meaning it flops open, and therefore is completely open while charging, rather than being attached along the TOP edge, which would match the charging port cover and offer some protection from the elements.
I've written to Covercraft, asking for clarification. It's just plain backwards, unless someone here can explain the logic behind the design.
FYI, the cover is for some protection from hail damage...

Purchased from CarCoverUSA. They contacted Covercraft today. Covercraft is making a new cover for me, as this one is defective. :D

Yes it makes no sense to have the seam on the bottom, it should be on the top and hopefully a bit longer than need be so it can overhang the edge of the charging port and help cover the charging cord when in use.
Is the cover quite thick? if not I can't imagine it would provide much protection from hail.....or am I missing something? On the rare occurrence when we get hail it's generally golf ball sized, again I find it hard to believe a cloth or nylon cover could offer much protection from that :?

Evolution 3 is the thickest I could find, multi-layer "quilted". I'll probably slide moving quilts under the cover when severe weather is expected (sigh...another front coming through tomorrow).
I've already got some dents from Ping-Pong ball sized hail 10 days ago...

Received the "correctly designed" cover a few days ago...yupp, it works beautifully when the flap is hinged at the top. You can almost close it completely (Velcro all around) while the charger is attached.
Excellent customer service from CarCover.com, and Covercraft.

Back