Dealer quick charge?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LEAFer said:
No ... I'm really asking whether the service department at a Nissan LEAF-certifed dealer has realized how long the hold-up/inconvenience is for an owner bringing the LEAF in for service when he/she lives far away. Even if you have the SL with QC, most dealers don't have QC ability; all charging is L2. And if you live far away enough in an area that is not an early QC roll-out area (like highway 50 Sacramento to Tahoe; but many others) ...

So, similar to the perk and convenience of getting a loaner for your ICE car during its (usually much shorter) service appointment, with the slow charging and longer distance for those (few) particular customers, will the LEAF dealer do pick-up/delivery ? THAT's my question. (Or what other solution have they thought of ?)

I believe Gary said previously that the LEAF is not for everyone. Neither is a GT-R. The situation you describe may fall into that category. If one should decide to purchase the LEAF given this circumstance, the decision is based on this knowledge. At some point, personal responsibility has to kick in. "I am buying a LEAF with 100 mile range. I live 80 miles from my dealership. When it needs service I will need to plan to spend the night, or locate a DC fast charge station. I guess I'll need that DC fast charge option." The dealer is not asking you to buy the car - at least not yet. You are asking to buy the car - knowing the circumstance. I would not expect any different dealer experience as a LEAF buyer than I would as a Versa buyer.

Back