Delivery date coming this week for August orders?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My dashboard just opened up for my install. I may go with the AV install for the tax credit; especially if delivery is getting pushed back to 2011. Otherwise, I'll be writing a check for about that amount to the Feds this year.

Apparently my december delivery moved into a january delivery on my dealer's dashboard (I'm waiting for a clear confirmation of this from him) ... if that's the case, and others still have a december delivery date, then it means that delivery date is not 100% correlated to order date. I haven't ordered the AV EVSE, as 1. it's quite expensive, and 2. the AMT still hasn't been cleared out for 2010 (and maybe it won't which would be a really BAD thing).

Same here on my dealer's dashboard; pushed from Dec to Jan; also ordered 8/31. They still expect Dec, but now late, not early, and to be conservative January is being given. No real specifics as to what happened/why.

My 8/31 order is also showing 1/11. I had their first order of the day, around 11am if I remember right.

I've just asked my PD for an update. Nothing was mentioned in the last few emails we've shared this week, and I did specifically ask if there was anything new to report.

Remember, everyone at Nissan was saying just a couple of weeks ago that they still expected some December deliveries, but perhaps later in the month than originally anticipated.

mwalsh said:
It depends. If we're still on track for early December, then I'd say we've got a good shot at hearing within the next 10 days. However, if the schedule has slipped to later in the month of December (and I got the distinct impression that this might well be the case), then I don't think we'll hear actual dates until closer to the end of this month. Meanwhile, the "several times a day" check of my account continues. :D

There was a press release from Nissan today, indicating that the first 40 EVSEs are due to go into dealers this week. So that's at least a small step towards the dealers receiving cars!

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/nissan-dealers-install-first-charging-stations-for-all-electric-nissan-leaf-106451463.html

mwalsh said:
I've just asked my PD for an update. Nothing was mentioned in the last few emails we've shared this week, and I did specifically ask if there was anything new to report.

Remember, everyone at Nissan was saying just a couple of weeks ago that they still expected some December deliveries, but perhaps later in the month than originally anticipated.
You're going to make me schizophrenic . . . c'mon now . . . we can't have if both ways
:D
Boomer23 said:
Hey hill, cool to see an EVSE in place "in the flesh". I'm still on the fence and working with SCE to see if I can put in a second meter, and AV is saying that they're still "in talks" with SCE, so I'm waiting. But seeing yours in place makes me more excited to get moving!

First PV installation I've seen with two inverters, too. How many panels are you running?

We have 20 panels rated 225 watts on one inverter, and 16 panels on the upper/higher mounted inverter (in the picture) ... we have room for 4 more 225 watt panels on the upper inverter. Both inverters are rated at 4Kwh. We've just running out of money.

As for SCE and a 2nd meter (electric car TOU charging) ... AV told me they (meaning their electric contractor) that AV does not want to muddy the waters by 1st having their contracted installers going out and installing an EV TOU ... OR solar, or any other thing. After all the dust settles, they said their contractors can go right ahead. Worst news, we had 3 (count 'em ... THREE) electricians out to quote us for a separate EV TOU meter. All were VERY close to the same high price . . . $1,300. That just a separate meter socket, and a line of the 240 buss ... no extra trenching or anything. No thanks. That's when we decided to move on.

BTW, if any one is interested - I ran a check/meter to see how much power is drawn from AV's charger-plug. 5 watt hours. Vampire power. That was just enough to bug me ... so I flipped the breaker to "OFF" ... until the Leaf arrives next month (if all is on schedule).

5 watt hours i can live with. i have so many vampires in my house now, its pathetic. i also have a full grown woman in the house who insists upon living a light on. problem is with our child a small "plug in the socket" 3 watt night light does not work, so she turns on the stairway light and leaves the bedroom door open a crack.

she says it scares away burglers, i say it only allows them to not trip over anything while wandering thru the house.

to be honest with ya; conservationism is NOT equally present in my household

5 Watt Hours per *what*? I have no idea at all how long hill's EV was connected to power.

Units.. they matter.
5 Watt Hours a day, a month, a year.. every ten minutes.

GroundLoop said:
5 Watt Hours per *what*? I have no idea at all how long hill's EV was connected to power.

Units.. they matter.
5 Watt Hours a day, a month, a year.. every ten minutes.

Exactly. What does it pull real time? Likely 5 watts, there's not much in that plastic box but a small transformer and some Leds to draw.

i would think that 5 watt hours means that in 200 hours it will pull a Killowatt hour.

5 watt hours is 5 watts per hour. 5 watt minutes would be, etc. correct?

either way, i think it sucks that it pulls anything at all if its not on. sad that it must be disconnected from the breaker

DaveinOlyWA said:
i would think that 5 watt hours means that in 200 hours it will pull a Killowatt hour.

5 watt hours is 5 watts per hour. 5 watt minutes would be, etc. correct?

either way, i think it sucks that it pulls anything at all if its not on. sad that it must be disconnected from the breaker

Nope. Saying something "uses 5 watt hours" is like saying that "a leaky faucet wastes three gallons of water". Makes no sense, right? You'd say "Wastes three gallons a minute, a year, what? Is it a big leak or a little leak? I can't tell!"

It's a quantity, not a rate.

5 watt hours is not "5 watts per hour". It is 5 watts for one hour (or 300 Watts for a minute), which is something very different. This is the unit that your power company charges you for.. the quantity, if you will. It's like mileage.

"5 watts per hour" is nonsensical. That's like saying "60mph per hour". I have no idea how to interpret that.

"5 watt hours consumed over one hour" is the same as just "5 watts". It's a rate.

So a meaningful description of the EVSE would be something like "It has an idle power consumption of 5 watts". Aha! Now we know everything.
Over the span of an hour, it would consume 5 watt-hours, naturally.
Every month, it would add 3.6kWh of energy to your power bill.

We know that 'hill' had his EVSE powered on for some unknown amount of time. Over the span of that time, it consumed 5Wh of energy in total. This tells us absolutely nothing. It could have been a minute, could have been a week.. who knows. That's why units matter.

GroundLoop said:
Nope. Saying something "uses 5 watt hours" is like saying that "a leaky faucet wastes three gallons of water". Makes no sense, right? You'd say "Wastes three gallons a minute, a year, what? Is it a big leak or a little leak? I can't tell!"

5 watt hours is not "5 watts per hour". It is 5 watts for one hour (or 300 Watts for a minute), which is something very different. This is the unit that your power company charges you for.. the quantity, if you will. It's like mileage.

"5 watts per hour" is nonsensical. That's like saying "60mph per hour". I have no idea how to interpret that.

"5 watt hours consumed over one hour" is the same as just "5 watts". It's a rate.

So a meaningful description of the EVSE would be something like "It has an idle power consumption of 5 watts". Aha! Now we know everything.
Every month, it would add 3.6kWh of energy to your power bill. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . snip
Aha but see? you DO know that it was installed yesterday, so you DO know it didn't pull 3.6kWh because you DO know it necessarily couldn't have run for a month. And if that isn't boring enough ... if it DID run for a month ... you graciously stated what the draw would be. Even if I'd posted that the breaker was turned 'off' after 4 hours 2 minutes 15 seconds (in case the dead horse hasn't been kicked enough), it's doubtfull anyone really would care what precise amount of electricity was in fact used runninig the L.E.D.'s ect ... imo. I'll try to only dialogue meaningfully, next time. Thanks for the heads up.
:oops:

We recently had our solar meter changed by the electric company (they wanted to standardize their meters). When they did I got to see the instantaneous reading with all switchable loads off. It registered about a 300 Watt phantom load. This was mainly the: refrigerator, buck-boost transformer, various UPSs, and clocks and cell phone and other chargers transformers. Anyway, if the charging station is only using 5 Watts, then I wouldn't consider that so bad.

hill said:
GroundLoop said:

Every month, it would add 3.6kWh of energy to your power bill. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . snip
Aha but see? you DO know that it was installed yesterday, so you DO know it didn't pull 3.6kWh because you DO know it necessarily couldn't have run for a month. And if that isn't boring enough ... if it DID run for a month ... you graciously stated what the draw would be. Even if I'd posted that the breaker was turned 'off' after 4 hours 2 minutes 15 seconds (in case the dead horse hasn't been kicked enough), it's doubtfull anyone really would care what precise amount of electricity was in fact used runninig the L.E.D.'s ect ... imo. I'll try to only dialogue meaningfully, next time. Thanks for the heads up.
:oops:

What are you talking about? The point was how many watts the unit uses, I expect it would have some draw, a couple watts for example from transformer loss not LED consumption which is insignificant usually. If for example the unit draws 10 watts then that is a concern for some. Some home automation dimmers draw MW and others draw say 5 watts, that is huge when one has 100 dimmers burning 500 watts when off! My AV receiver only draws 2 watts off. So you made it sound like you unplugged it because it had a parasitic load, what is that load in watts, it's simple? Their spec sheet has no min draw.

DaveinOlyWA said:
she says it scares away burglers, i say it only allows them to not trip over anything while wandering thru the house.
Lights on motion sensors are much more effective at deterring burglers...

Back