Delivery date coming this week for August orders?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While we are all patiently waiting for a delivery date to show up on our dashboards, what else is there to do? :D

I doubt you will see a date until the boat has sailed in mid to late Nov.
Or does anyone know when the first ship actually is to leave?

Someone needs to find a webcam at the dock ;)

My dock opened for EVSE install, I also see an icon of my car being loaded on the ship, so that's a good sign.

Spoke with Danny at Fontana Nissan today. He stated that at first, all August orders were showing Dec delivery. Now all August orders are showing January delivery. Like already discussed at length, it would seem that deliveries are very "fluid" right now. No pun intended but "we are all in the same boat".

I wish Nissan had a system similar to the Mini system. When I ordered my Mini in 2006, it gave me a website that showed the progress of my Mini. It went from placing order to put into production to waiting for boat to boat in-transit to arrived at dealer. It can be done, but I think that Nissan was unprepared for the overwhelming positive response to the LEAF.

The info dealers are getting is not accurate delivery info because the system is different on the Leaf and real delivery info will be on user dashboards not what dealers are seeing now. Wait for the date on your dashboard, it could say Jan at the dealer and you can get your car in Dec. People are digging in the wrong areas to get delivery estimates and some dealer reports show multiple deliveries for the same person. Everyone will have the real answer when their dashboard opens.

RFQ to Dealer: 8/31 10:39am MST
Order Confi: 8/31 11:53am MST

These are my details. Still hoping for December.

Timaz said:
RFQ to Dealer: 8/31 10:39am MST
Order Confi: 8/31 11:53am MST

I would say that you are at the head of the line. Whenever deliveries start you will probably be the first to know. ;)

One can only hope. I am now thinking about leasing, so the tax credit for this year is less important! I will not turn a December delivery date though haha. I am expecting a call from Dealer today to give me an update on delivery date if they have one. We will see!

Just heard back from my Dealer. They sent me a screen shot from their system showing the status of my vehicle. They asked me not to post it, but shows that my car is in production. The vin # is still blank, however, I do have an order number and there is a code under date committed which appears to be 0810 for my August order date. Unfortunately, it is showing 1/11 as my delivery date! I have seen on other posts where most early orders are defaulting to this date, so I am not too worried about that part. The Shipping VPC is #44? Also, status is ONS?

There are other blank lines such as Rail ship date, rail receive date, manufacture date, wholesale date!

Perhaps others will know better what all this means?

ONS: "Order Not Serialized" ... although I don't know what that means in terms of delivery/production impact.

VPC: "Vehicle Preparation Center"

VPC 44: Long Beach, CA.

The VPC is where (in some cases) they unload the boat; then install most of the accessories, quality check the car, then load it onto a truck.

I'm just going to throw this out there. It isn't official. It isn't Nissan saying this. It's me. But entertain a hypothesis, if you will....

Based on the other people you've heard saying that they've been told 1/11 now (both in northern California as I recall) - what if they're distributing cars based on both order date AND in an ever increasing circumference from the Los Angeles basin?

So....does anyone from Greater LA who ordered on 8/31 and thought they had a 12/10 delivery date now have a delivery date in 1/11? Same question for anyone in SD?

Leafer, thanks for the definitions of those codes. Well, we now know they are being delivered in Long Beach. Thats more than I knew anyway.

Mwalsh, good questions, maybe someone will respond and help us unravel the deliverly puzzle!

Delivery date is not really on my radar until the next two dashboard items open up.
I would really like to get into the Carwings and check that out.

mwalsh said:
- what if they're distributing cars based on both order date AND in an ever increasing circumference from the Los Angeles basin?
quote]

I have always understood that deliveries are based on reservation date (others think order date) AND rollout region. I have begun to wonder if all the December deliveries will end up going to the San Deigo (EV Project) or perhaps So Cal rollout region. This might make for a big marketing splash for the first deliveries. Then the other rollout regions (No. Cal, Ore., Wash., Az) will start getting theirs distributed in January.

Back