Delivery date : Saturday december 11th

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gudy said:
talked to chat ... my email had been changed to something else ...
I'm telling you, this is the weirdest thing I've ever seen...
it's kinda freaking me out ...

Their website is plagued by gremlins I swear. The dealer end is housed in the same site as the customer end, and I've had numerous issues with the account. Hopefully they resolve it, but by this point, you should hopefully be in the clear.

EDIT: Nevermind, just saw that post. Nissan is odd in how they work anything internet related. :lol:

gudy said:
ok, got a phone call from Nissan. Really nice guy who called me :)
They're testing the carwings account on the first cars and are doing so by overriding your login / password ...
I feel so much better ...
Geez - they should have development and testing systems for those kinds of things... or at least test accounts!

gudy said:
Soon, I'm going to get email updates about the car charging and what not !
That ought to be exciting! I wonder if you will start getting them before the car is actually "yours"?

That is VERY interesting. Out of curiousity I just tried to log into my account.... and it is all locked up. I have never had any trouble logging in before. Very strange.

drees said:
I wonder if you will start getting them before the car is actually "yours"?

he said I would.

He said that they usually don't test on live systems, but heh, it's the very first one to be delivered, so I can see that they wanted to double (tripple) check that everything was fine for real.
They also wanted to link the car to my carwings account in advance, so that I don't have to do it.

Can't wait to get this first email telling me that the car is charging ...

Now, in the next 4 days, I'm simply waiting for :
1. the iphone app
2. the CVRP website to add the Leaf

I'm so excited ...

TRONZ said:
That is VERY interesting. Out of curiousity I just tried to log into my account.... and it is all locked up. I have never had any trouble logging in before. Very strange.

If they're playing with your car for the same reasons as mine, then your car is currently at the port :)

gudy said:
TRONZ said:

If they're playing with your car for the same reasons as mine, then your car is currently at the port :)

Awwwww! Don't get me all worked up like that... but thanks for the optimism :). Mine is just offline. I go to the log-in screen and its just blue w. no car animation. I try to log in and it just goes back to the same blank blue screen. Nothing! I wonder if others are having trouble logging into their accounts right now??? Maybe its everyone?

If they're playing with your car for the same reasons as mine, then your car is currently at the port
I've never been so unhappy that I can still log in to my dashboard. lol.

My account works fine..

I am thinking it is just something to do with my Waiver thingy. They said awhile back they might have to do something special in my account to fix it. I can now get into my dashboard but nothing is working. Like everyone, just along for the ride here.

LEAFer
rainnw
Long4Leaf
MaryC

(will update as more people respond and, more importantly, when Nissan's PR folks get back to me with more details).

All they're prepared to tell me thus far is that the time is 1:30, so I suspect they want us (you) in SFO.

gudy said:
ok, got a phone call from Nissan. Really nice guy who called me :)
They're testing the carwings account on the first cars and are doing so by overriding your login / password ...
I feel so much better ...

Soon, I'm going to get email updates about the car charging and what not !

I find this truly amazing. I worked in IT for 30 years, and if anyone did testing with live user accounts, and did it an ad hoc way without prior consent and active participation from the user, HEADS WOULD ROLL!

Looks like we need to accept the fact that the Leaf web site is managed in an unprofessional way, and that our results may vary widely.

charlie1300 said:
I find this truly amazing. I worked in IT for 30 years, and if anyone did testing with live user accounts, and did it an ad hoc way without prior consent and active participation from the user, HEADS WOULD ROLL!

Looks like we need to accept the fact that the Leaf web site is managed in an unprofessional way, and that our results may vary widely.

Absolutely. Amazingly, Critical Mass got an award for the site. I think they make nice info sites, but they are new to transactions.

Received Nissan invite. Thanks mwalsh for the connection. It is telling us that the celebration is in San Francisco at 1:30PM. and that we might get a hug from the polar bear.

gudy said:
have you guys seen this :
http://www.insideline.com/nissan/leaf/2011/2011-nissan-leaf-gets-set-for-main-street.html

Isn't it a little weird reading about yourself this way?

Any worries that some nut will try to follow you home? Have you planned alternative routes, enlisted friends and family to be blockers at critical intersections? :eek:

I got the invite from Nissan too. My dashboard has been working fine. Sep 1 order date but date still shows "pending" and can still edit color. Not sure what it all means. Hoping I can attend on saturday.. All depends on if my wife too wants to go...

Back