Delivery date : Saturday december 11th

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lakeleaf you got me to laugh :lol: You know if someone steals his car he can only drive it 100 miles in eco mode..Hmm can the cell phome turn off the power if it can turn on the power..

mwalsh said:
LEAFer
rainnw
Long4Leaf
MaryC

(will update as more people respond and, more importantly, when Nissan's PR folks get back to me with more details).

All they're prepared to tell me thus far is that the time is 1:30, so I suspect they want us (you) in SFO.

Cool... i'll be sure to hop on a plane assuming i get an invite.

GroundLoop said:
Nope.. that was interesting..
"A second shipment arrives to the U.S. in about two weeks, towards the end of December, and those vehicles are destined to consumers' driveways shortly thereafter."
Posted in another thread, but yes, I was told my car would be 'at the dock' (in Portland I assume) on Dec. 23rd. WOOOHOOO!!!!!

So for those of us whose order was delayed because of bugs on the website not only loose out on early delivery, but don't get an invite either? :(

Check your spam folder, that's where I found my invitation...

Long4Leaf said:
So for those of us whose order was delayed because of bugs on the website not only loose out on early delivery, but don't get an invite either? :(

charlie1300 said:
I find this truly amazing. I worked in IT for 30 years, and if anyone did testing with live user accounts, and did it an ad hoc way without prior consent and active participation from the user, HEADS WOULD ROLL! ...

I still work in IT, and was equally as dumbstruck.

Nubo said:
I still work in IT, and was equally as dumbstruck.

+1. Critical Mass may be great when it comes to Social Networking (Hi Jess!), but they don't know s**t about building a good, intuitive, web site! BTW, their own company web site is just about as big a mess as the LEAF one!

mwalsh said:
+1. Critical Mass may be great when it comes to Social Networking (Hi Jess!), but they don't know s**t about building a good, intuitive, web site! BTW, their own company web site is just about as big a mess as the LEAF one!
You nailed it, Mike! We should call them Critical Mess.

[As a programmer for 40 years, I find it hard to believe anyone could stay in business running as sloppy a ship as they are.]

gudy said:
I got the invite as well... I'm guessing they are targeting bay area people who have RAQed early on ?

Are you going to go? HaHa. How come I did not get an invite. I would go, but I have some other things going on that day. I was going to purchase at North Bay until I found almost as good a deal closer to home. It should be fun. Wish I could go. If I wasn't busy I'd have gone even without the invitation.

Apparently the CM folks are more skilled at fancy (useless) artistic effects, and were unfortunately "chosen" to extend their "glitz" by writing the database and transactional code, an area where they had insufficient experience.

I will be at the SF event on Saturday to see the first delivery, but got to be back to San Diego on Monday to receive the second delivery!

reeler said:
I will be at the SF event on Saturday to see the first delivery, but got to be back to San Diego on Monday to receive the second delivery!

Oh - we finally have the second Dec delivery person here. Welcome.

reeler said:

oh so u r the San Diego guy. so we still dont know who will be on the 12th yet

DaveinOlyWA said:
reeler said:
oh so u r the San Diego guy. so we still dont know who will be on the 12th yet
Reeler said Monday (12/13). The 12th is a Sunday. Probably nothing to be planned that day.

Jessica got back to me. You knew this already - 1:30pm, SF City Hall Plaza, by the EVSEs. She's going to try and have a sign or something. Press conference will last something like an hour. FYI....They are not encouraging participation at the dealership.

mwalsh,
ha, finally someone is updating me on what to expect :)
1h long press conference ... I think that my kids are going to get crazy ... 2 and 3 years old, they don't have such an attention span !

gudy said:
mwalsh,
ha, finally someone is updating me on what to expect :)
1h long press conference ... I think that my kids are going to get crazy ... 2 and 3 years old, they don't have such an attention span !

I've been asked to make a correction....cars and people will be around for about an hour, press conference will only last 20 minutes or so. Jessica doesn't want to deter anyone with the notion of an hour long press conference! :lol:

Back