Delivery date : Saturday december 11th

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gudy said:
Just got off the phone with Mark Perry and someone else (didn't catch her name, but she's in public relations).
They confirmed that I'm the first order in the US, and that my Leaf will be the 1st one delivered in the world.
They're planning for december 11th, asked me if I was ok with having the press there.

I'm so excited right now :)

I hope that many more from this forum are going to get a phone call from Nissan soon !

Congratulations gudy! :D

gudy said:
Just got off the phone with Mark Perry and someone else (didn't catch her name, but she's in public relations).
They confirmed that I'm the first order in the US, and that my Leaf will be the 1st one delivered in the world.
They're planning for december 11th, asked me if I was ok with having the press there.

I'm so excited right now :)

I hope that many more from this forum are going to get a phone call from Nissan soon !

Did you do anything special to be able to order so early? I also live in RWC and made my reservation on 4/20 - but didn't get the go ahead to order until October.

gudy said:
By the way Ron from north bay has been great as well

Next time you talk with Ron, ask him if he has the vehicle VIN number yet, and if he has any shipping information. Not sure how the Leafs will work, but Prius dealers can access shipping information just about the time the vehicle leaves the dock - they know the ship and the projected arrival time at port, along with the VIN and other details.

(It might also be interesting to see if the VIN is actually a production number or still a hand-built car)

B.T.W - Super Cool Super Black is definitely the best color choice!

I'll ask him about the VIN, but I'm guessing (fearing) that all their IT stuff will not be ready for my delivery, so his dashboard may not reflect anything ...
if no-one else has gotten a phone call now, I guess that the 11th date is going to be a one off. Hopefully, we'll know more next monday about the next 50ish cars for december. Maybe a december 18th delivery ? if they wait more they run into the problem of people leaving for the holidays.

So here's my bet :
1. the 50 december deliveries will get a phone call starting next monday, and throughout next week
2. their deliveries will be december 18th (or possibly the week of the 13th), not sure how they plan to maximize PR.

Even the recent reviewers are saying that Carwings isn't connecting yet, and the iPhone app is still in prototype. It wouldn't surprise me if the first few cars arrive with some digital bits missing. :)

gudy said:
I'll ask him about the VIN, but I'm guessing (fearing) that all their IT stuff will not be ready for my delivery, so his dashboard may not reflect anything ...
if no-one else has gotten a phone call now, I guess that the 11th date is going to be a one off. Hopefully, we'll know more next monday about the next 50ish cars for december. Maybe a december 18th delivery ? if they wait more they run into the problem of people leaving for the holidays.

So here's my bet :
1. the 50 december deliveries will get a phone call starting next monday, and throughout next week
2. their deliveries will be december 18th (or possibly the week of the 13th), not sure how they plan to maximize PR.

I was hoping to be in the first 50, but I have yet to hear from EVP about my EVSE install. Unless they hope to go from contact to complete installation in under 2 weeks, I think I'm still in a holding pattern. Gudy, do you have your EVSE in yet??

no EVSE :
- AV is too expensive
- not clear on AMT for this year (is congress done with that yet?)
- I'll be driving 20ish miles a day
- I'm currently renting : I would have gone for Leviton (to "easily" move the device when I move), but it won't be out until Q1 2011

Now if Congress passes the AMT patch, if turbotax updates their tax forecast thing (not going to pay a tax advisor $400 to know if I can get $1000 back), and if it looks like I won't pay AMT (with some margin of error), I *might* go ahead and get an EVSE.

gudy said:
no EVSE :
- AV is too expensive
- not clear on AMT for this year (is congress done with that yet?)
- I'll be driving 20ish miles a day
- I'm currently renting : I would have gone for Leviton (to "easily" move the device when I move), but it won't be out until Q1 2011

Now if Congress passes the AMT patch, if turbotax updates their tax forecast thing (not going to pay a tax advisor $400 to know if I can get $1000 back), and if it looks like I won't pay AMT (with some margin of error), I *might* go ahead and get an EVSE.

Thanks for the info. I'm at the edge of long-term comfort with a 63 mile round trip to/from work, so I will need L2 charging. My worst fear would be Nissan saying "here's your car" and EVP saying "It'll be abother month before we can install your EVSE." I will probably be trading in my current car and I'd like to be done with this whole procedure in one action. Time will tell, I guess!
:?

Gudy; we are in the same boat!! we should get together with Nissan and do simultaneous launch in each state. i should do WA on Dec 11th because like u;

1) i also rent
2) plan to move in 2011
3) also think the AV is too expensive.
4) commute will be in the 20 mile per day range (except when the SO takes it 58 miles RT)
5 am also confident a portable/cheaper L2 solution will be out there!

too many parallels to ignore!!

Jimmydreams said:
Thanks for the info. I'm at the edge of long-term comfort with a 63 mile round trip to/from work, so I will need L2 charging.

How many hours do you have at home between driving to/from work? I'm in the same place as you (60 miles r/t), but have 16 hours to charge at home. I think that would be adequate time to bring me back to 100% charge, assuming I use ~70% of the pack capacity on any given day.

If you have less time available to you at home, do you have any opportunity charging available to you? If you're in the office for 8 hours, and the car just sits there, you could put 30+ miles back into the pack @ 110v.

no one with a full time job has 16 hours to charge at home. i am in a similar situation where we hope to commute up to 2 times a week on 58 mile RT. the other days it will be 22 miles. probably will alternate to insure a full charge each way.

now, i work 10 hour shifts (mandatory OT since June makes it more) but still spend time commuting to where the car would only charge 11 hours at the most assuming no other trips after getting home.

with my SO, her much longer commute plus picking up and dropping off kid, etc. means that even with her 8 hour, never work OT job, we would only have around 13-14 hours to charge.

If you added the QC port you could add what you can at home after getting the QC as you leave or before you use the slow charge.

did add QC. we take a lot of trips to Seattle (60 miles) and Tacoma area (25-35 miles) so plan to use QC in those situations to boost our range.

mwalsh said:
Jimmydreams said:
Thanks for the info. I'm at the edge of long-term comfort with a 63 mile round trip to/from work, so I will need L2 charging.

How many hours do you have at home between driving to/from work? I'm in the same place as you (60 miles r/t), but have 16 hours to charge at home. I think that would be adequate time to bring me back to 100% charge, assuming I use ~70% of the pack capacity on any given day.

If you have less time available to you at home, do you have any opportunity charging available to you? If you're in the office for 8 hours, and the car just sits there, you could put 30+ miles back into the pack @ 110v.

Mike...

I have 1 or 2 days a week where I have 8 hours between shifts, and that includes commute time, so about 7 hours charge available. VERY tight, but doable as long as I watch my speed. USUALLY I have much more time (and could almost get away with L1 charging). I do have another car that I can use if the quick-turn shifts present a problem. Charging at work is supposed to be in the works, but who knows when the outlets will eventually show up? I'm guessing late spring of next year. :( If necessary, I will build in either a QC on the way home to boost the pack or find some L2 charging located near a bookstore/bar/whatever and just stop there for 30 minutes or more as extra insurance.

I drive at 60 on the highway and maximize the regen in my Escape, so I should be just fine with L2, but until I've done the trip a couple times, I will remain a bit wary. But hey, part of driving an EV is having to THINK about where you're going, how far it is, etc. That part shouldn't be too difficult for me. :cool:

Jimmydreams said:
I have 1 or 2 days a week where I have 8 hours between shifts, and that includes commute time, so about 7 hours charge available. ... If necessary, I will build in either a QC on the way home to boost the pack or find some L2 charging located near a bookstore/bar/whatever and just stop there for 30 minutes or more as extra insurance.

If you value the brief downtime you have between shifts, maybe this EV isn't for you?
I know if I was down to 7 hours between shifts, I wouldn't be looking forward to spending 30 minutes paused on the way home.

You have to really want it.

Back