Delivery of May 2011 Orders

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went from month of September to week of September 12, to week of uSeptember 15, to week of September 14, and now back to week of the 12th. Well, at least the dates are all in the same Monday to Sunday week. ;)

Bill

Picked up my Ocean Blue last Wednesday evening and drove the 48 miles home from Fontana to Irvine, and hit my driveway with 50+ estimated miles remaining.

Richard Padilla at Fontana Nissan was a pleasure to work with...I can't recommend this dealer enough.

No pressure, no hassles, knowledgeable...it was all good.

I've got to say that this car is exceeding my expectations! It's extremely fun to drive, and definitely has that WOW factor.

I think just about every neighbor within a 1/4 mile radius has been up to my driveway for a looksy this week.

For those wondering, my reserve date was 05/05/2011

I'm part of the May 2011 order group so I hope I can post here even if I took an orphan ;-). Here's what happened to me. I ordered a LEAF in May with one dealer but had to take an orphan from another dealer on August 18. I had to cancel my original order in an effort to hopefully make it available to the next person in the queue instead of turning it into an orphan to be sold for more (fingers crossed); my dash still says Month of September. The details of how I came to take an orphan are here. http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=5364" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

iwilsmar said:
Picked up my Ocean Blue last Wednesday evening and drove the 48 miles home from Fontana to Irvine, and hit my driveway with 50+ estimated miles remaining.

That's encouraging, I'll be picking up mine from Fontana and will need to cover 50 miles to work and then 25 home. There is some anxiety, hopefully it won't be above 100 degrees that day like it was today.

That's encouraging, I'll be picking up mine from Fontana and will need to cover 50 miles to work and then 25 home. There is some anxiety, hopefully it won't be above 100 degrees that day like it was today.

Use eco and take it nice and slow if possible, and you should be good to go.

I met another Leaf owner at the charging station near Nordstrom's at South Coast Plaza yesterday.

He drove to LAX recently in 45 mile an hour traffic on the 405. Arrived at the airport, and couldn't find an open charging station.

So he picked up his passenger, hit the congested freeway again and made it back home to Tustin all on one charge.

iwilsmar said:
Use eco and take it nice and slow if possible, and you should be good to go.

I did practice before - had a Leaf for a couple of days that I rented from Enterprise in Thousand Oaks. That inspired confidence actually so I'm 99% sure I'll do just fine, it is just the recent heat wave and the AC use that leaves me a little bit concerned as I don't know how much the ambient temperature affects the range.

They are offering leaf financing for us it's tier 0 = 3.69 apr
I forget what it is for the others ( the sales dude showed me on Monday)

I'll be taking delivery of my Leaf tomorrow morning from Nissan of McKinney! Took the extended warranty (7 yrs/70k miles) and 3.19% financing. I have to admit it was one of the smoothest car purchase experiences I've ever had

Congrats, however I take all reports about "smooth Leaf purchase experience" with a grain of salt - after all we are buying at MSRP or close with the purchase price set 4 months before delivery.

Blackhouse said:
Got an email today. Portal opened and delivery date set at week of Oct.14th.

Delivery set for Week of September 28th! Hey Blackhouse, which dealer in Portland are you using? Mine is with Gresham Nissan/Subaru.

twbaker said:
Delivery set for Week of September 28th! Hey Blackhouse, which dealer in Portland are you using? Mine is with Gresham Nissan/Subaru.

I am in Southern Oregon and dates have been jumping around...now at week of September 27th...could be on the same boat as yours. :)

twbaker said:
Delivery set for Week of September 28th!
Blackhouse said:
Portal opened and delivery date set at week of Oct.14th.
Our VIN is sandwiched between you two and the dashboard date is jumping between "week of Sept 15" and "week of Sept 19", but the dealer's dashboard is steady at Sept 23. Here's to hoping you both get early deliveries! :lol:

I just chatted with LEAF CS and found out that my vehicle finally left port and is headed to Seattle. I don't know how it's being shipped, but my ETA is still showing "the week of September 16, 2011". No UPS tracking number or anything. :roll:

I wonder why it took so long in port. Perhaps it took a while to install the 48KWh (usable) battery that I requested. ;)

KeithFrechette said:
I just chatted with LEAF CS and found out that my vehicle finally left port and is headed to Seattle. I don't know how it's being shipped, but my ETA is still showing "the week of September 16, 2011". No UPS tracking number or anything. :roll:

I wonder why it took so long in port. Perhaps it took a while to install the 48KWh (usable) battery that I requested. ;)
Well, my buggy is probably with yours - on a choo-choo? Coming to Kent?

You see, I ordered floor mats and they were all out, so they had to send a guy over to Pep Boys to get them, or something like that. Anyway, it shouldn't be too much longer, I think.

Bill

So *you're* the one who stole my mats and made my installer have to make a second trip to Pep Boys! :shock: Well, I hope they smell of fish guts. ;)

Well, perhaps our cars are getting to know each other. Swapping stories and photos of their cruise from Japan.

My delivery date moved only once. Started with w/o Aug 29, then three weeks later, jumped to w/o Sep 1. Dealer called 8/30 and had the car; I picked it up 8/31. Then on 9/3 I got the email saying that it would arrive in "just a few days."

Pickup experience went very well. Santa Monica Nissan's Paul Scott spent about 5 hours with me going over the car and the paperwork. Did the loan app TWICE because we filled it out at 2.25%, then when they called it in, the bank (USBank) gave us 2.0% ... so we had to start over. (Worth it, though ... :D I was so happy, I took Paul out to lunch!

HighDesertDriver said:
twbaker said:
Delivery set for Week of September 28th!
Blackhouse said:
Portal opened and delivery date set at week of Oct.14th.
Our VIN is sandwiched between you two and the dashboard date is jumping between "week of Sept 15" and "week of Sept 19", but the dealer's dashboard is steady at Sept 23. Here's to hoping you both get early deliveries! :lol:

I finally got my delivery "week"- Oct 11th, in Austin, TX. I can't wait....

Back