Destined for consumer driveways in time for the holidays

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ohmie said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
Are u sure its a leaf? Mi plates makes me think it a volt

Yes, I could definitely tell it was a LEAF by the unique size of the fratistats and distinctive shape of the condubilators. No question about it.

Confuse a LEAF with a Volt? Please! Surely you must be joking!
Any member on this forum confusing a LEAF with a Volt ... please report to wxxyz for kitchen patrol, on the double ! :lol:

( And, more seriously, just to empahsize the point, all the different manufacturers' FCV's at WestSac CAFCP have MI plates. I don't know why. It's just what I noticed ... and it's what it is. )

Ohmie said:
I managed to get next to him for a moment and tried to get his attention with a honk and thumbs up, like a complete tool, fanboy. The driver didn't notice me at all. He was totally chill, heading east. Put on the jets and I was left behind!

:lol: love it! Welcome to the forum Ohmie!

I had a January 5 delivery date that changed to pending. I was on the Nissan EV chat support today and the operator said that any delivery before the end of the year, at least for me, is probably not going to happen. I have a VIN number at 254, have registered for carwings, and have been waiting to get an electric car for about 3 years.

Ohmie said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
Are u sure its a leaf? Mi plates makes me think it a volt

Yes, I could definitely tell it was a LEAF by the unique size of the fratistats and distinctive shape of the condubilators. No question about it.

Confuse a LEAF with a Volt? Please! Surely you must be joking!

LOL well ya a bit. but its not as far fetched as you think. my SO confused the two and they do look similar although the Volt is much more "sedan" looking while the Leaf maintains the "hatchback" look?

as least that is how one fellow co-worker describes em. but he had to have a bit of explanation to tell them apart.

either way, i long for the day when Leafs are so common they dont warrant mention anymore

Jimmydreams said:
Train said:
I heard that all the fratistats and condubilators had to be replaced. :cool:

Complete BS. Their canooter-valves were all gunked up with 30 weight motor oil. Everyone knows they're all using ball bearings nowadays!!
:mrgreen:
All of this was caused by an incipient transurgency...

The silver LEAF with the Michigan plates has been in the Sacramento area for several months; you are correct in that it is based at the Fuel Cell Partnership here in West Sacramento.

I spotted it back in August or so, and talked to the driver that day; later I tracked it down to the CAFCP headquarters on Industrial in W. Sacramento (it is only about 1.5 miles from our house here in W. Sacramento). When I talked to the staff guy then, there was even a baby seat in the back of the LEAF.

George in W. Sacramento,

waiting, but not patiently for my 31 August confirmed order LEAF which NOW has a FEBRUARY arrival date on the Leaf dashboard. My new Chevy Volt should actually arrive at the end of next week, as the Volt delivery process allows tracking one's order from placement, to factory staging, to build completion and through to shipping and delivery at one's dealer. My Volt is now "in shipment" to my dealer in Fairfield, CA. On this coming Monday, we get our "free" chargestation installed courtesy of the Volt purchase and the DOE program for Sacramento connected to that vehicle.

I just spoke to my PD. He says Corporate has informed then only 1 car per rollout area in December, (those were the publicized deliveries already accomplished), and the rest will begin delivery the first week of January. He knew nothing about the reason for the delay, but said a car-carrier driver told he he saw the cars on the lot in Long Beach.

Just more grist for the rumor mill.

Hope it comes in the next week or two, I'm putting my 2006 Civic Hybrid up for sale this weekend. Given where gas prices are I think it will sell pretty quick.

Ready2plugin said:
Hope it comes in the next week or two, I'm putting my 2006 Civic Hybrid up for sale this weekend. Given where gas prices are I think it will sell pretty quick.

Good luck. I have a friend (who is also has a LEAF on order) that had his for sale for 4 months or more before getting it sold; and he was priced below wholesale (trade-in) value.

Skywagon said:
Ready2plugin said:

Good luck. I have a friend (who is also has a LEAF on order) that had his for sale for 4 months or more before getting it sold; and he was priced below wholesale (trade-in) value.

He just had to wait until gas prices went up ;) . Mine also has the advantage of getting into the carpool lane for another 6 months. If I don't get any interest, I'll probably trade it in. Unfortunately the car registration is due on Jan 8!

Back