Destined for consumer driveways in time for the holidays

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Portugal got 9 cars delivered today!

http://www.advertisertalk.com/portuguese-consortium-mobi-e-receives-100-electric-nissan-leaf-fleet-18220.zhtml

Timaz said:
Portugal got 9 cars delivered today!

http://www.advertisertalk.com/portuguese-consortium-mobi-e-receives-100-electric-nissan-leaf-fleet-18220.zhtml
No one went there to get the VINs? :)

turbo2ltr said:
Quit your whining...you are likely going to be the second person in phoenix with one! :mrgreen:

I doubt it. I believe Skywagon will be the second. His is slated for delivery 1/5/10.

Skywagon's car and mine were on the same boat as we had the same delivery date. However, I am a local delivery as he purchased out of State. Avondale Nissan is having a little shindig and inviting their future customers and some others upon delivery. Of course, with the current situation, not sure when that will be!

Timaz said:
Skywagon's car and mine were on the same boat as we had the same delivery date. However, I am a local delivery as he purchased out of State. Avondale Nissan is having a little shindig and inviting their future customers and some others upon delivery. Of course, with the current situation, not sure when that will be!

My dealer is in LA, near the port in Long Beach, so they will probably have the car sooner than Avondale will have yours. I will be picking it up the next day after it arrives at the dealer.

After the way Avondale treated some of us early orders by not willing to budge off MSRP I will be surprised if they end up with very many orders from people who are on this forum (and realized that there is money to be saved going out of state; not just in MSRP savings but in Doc fees, sales tax being less, etc.).

And as of now I really don't care who is next or whatever... I just want my car!

malloryk said:
Do you have any unsubstantiated rumors regarding delivery? Do you think this weekend is out of the question? :)

No, nothing concrete on delivery. My PD claims that the first three cars out in LA are supposed to be the ones he's expecting for omkar, Michael Sabo (we don't know him), and myself. So if that's true...a good sign that yours shouldn't be too far behind.

Mwalsh, thanks for keeping us posted. As some of us know our cars have arrived. We are in the final stretch now! Hooray!

So Little Carlo's statement (Quality Control) at the SF delivery is sounding pretty spot on. Taken with what is clearly looking like an engineering (technical) delay at the port, sounds like Nissan really wants to make sure no glitches end up on the evening news. I say take your time and do it right Nissan.

I'd assume Nissan has a great deal of interest in delivering cars before the end of the year - so that it can be touted in their quarterly report. I'm surprised there isn't much news / rumor yet from dealers.

They can already claim deliveries in the quarter. Gudy and friends are rolling the streets. That will get enough bump for now.

Then next quarter they can show actual financials for deliveries, and get another bump from the program.

Imagine the bigger drop if cars were delivered, and 2 weeks later all had recall issues. The world was not kind to Saturn for that one, and it took years to recover.

Nissan wants to deliver every bit as much as we want them.

But, we should all THANK Nissan for taking the time (and considerable expense) for all the extra QC to insure that our LEAFs are as healthy as they can make them!

Nissan has Good Reasons for any delays, you can be sure.

I hate taking my car in for service, a recall is even worse. I'll take the delay to avoid that. The move to 2011 will probably make me look at leasing again, given my tax situation will probably be changing next year.

I wonder if Gudy's car was modified before they delivered it or if he will have to got back for a recall on the wiring issue?

Ready2plugin said:
I hate taking my car in for service, a recall is even worse. I'll take the delay to avoid that. The move to 2011 will probably make me look at leasing again, given my tax situation will probably be changing next year.

Ready2plugin said:
I hate taking my car in for service, a recall is even worse. I'll take the delay to avoid that.
With a brand new car like Leaf, I'd expect some service / recall. It is not going to be perfect. Even if delivered one month late.

Back