DFW Metroplex

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just talked with a "sales professional" from Grapevine Nissan, he quoted me $35,440 on the blue 2011 demo they have with 342 miles on it, I said isn't that the MSRP? No discount?? He said that was the invoice price and that they were not going to make a penny. I told him to check his info and he came back with, how about $750 off that price :evil:

Nissan McKinney comes back and tells me that the 2012 would be 4 grand more not 2 grand more, at the price of $39,265, I sent him a screen shot of their web site which shows it advertised for $36,553 :?

I'm not sure what the value of the demo is and maybe the ones going for $28,000 on ebay are factoring in the $7,500 rebate

Maybe I will just have to convert my own car :cry:

nothing that is new on ebay for 28K. If really interested talk to guys from Bankston Nissan Lewisville

jerdy said:
Nissan McKinney comes back and tells me that the 2012 would be 4 grand more not 2 grand more, at the price of $39,265, I sent him a screen shot of their web site which shows it advertised for $36,553 :?
waste of time here

I bought a 2011 SV for $32K just two months ago, and so an SL for the same price is a good deal I would think.

Though I ended up leasing at the very last minute, I almost signed the papers for buy at that price.

update: I went on the Bankston Lewisville website and filled out the price quote form. I have done this with Grubbs, Grapevine, Corinth, Autoflex and I was let down by each one but Bankston came back with an actual quote and was lower than the MSRP. They even emailed it and asked if I preferred email or a phone call to discuss it further, nice touch.

The others simply filled my inbox with spam and/or called me with quotes of what they had listed on their site, usually MSRP.

Update, Mckinney says the price of $36,553 for the 2012 on their site does not include destination and dealer added options. :shock:

if you want further assistance to deal with BNL let me know. I do not have profit just satisfied customer and great relation with GM.

I saw a blue Leaf going west on Hedgecox and turning left on Independence at around 7 pm tonight. Not sure if that was a forum member.

Plano Library "Electric Car Program"

Our local newspaper has an event listed for Thursday, May 17th at 7 PM at W.O. Haggard Jr. Library, 2501 Coit Rd in Plano.

"ELECTRIC CAR PROGRAM - Hear the experiences of local folks who are driving a Chevy Volt and Nissan Leaf, and learn how charging stations work. Free, for adults. For more information call 972-769-4250."

I guess they don't want to scare kids with this new fangled technology (or maybe they are charging kids :).

Anyone thinking about going?

mkjayakumar said:
I saw a blue Leaf going west on Hedgecox and turning left on Independence at around 7 pm tonight. Not sure if that was a forum member.

That was me. You've been to my house...don't you remember my license plate (SDZ)?

jerdy said:
Update, Mckinney says the price of $36,553 for the 2012 on their site does not include destination and dealer added options. :shock:

FWIW, I can give a very good reference for Jonathon @Nissan McKinney. I have had my Leaf serviced there as well.

Update on purchase, finally landed a deal at Bankston, got a 2011 silver sv demo for 31k 340 miles on it. Having a blast in this car :D

I spotted 2 other leafs on the way to work this morning, both southbound on 75, another silver one and a blue one. The blue one

pulled up along side and honked, very fun. Here is a link to the Plano event tomorrow night, is anyone else going? Looks like 3 of yall so far.

http://www.plano.gov/departments/environmental services/Pages/default.aspx

I'm not going to be able to make it after all, work conflict.

Had to wait (for 1 minute1) at the Beltline QC station today. Didn't say much more than hi to the silver Leaf driver, who politely said he was done and left when I showed up.

I just scheduled my 6 month service at Courtesy Nissan. Tried to use the web tool, but the model dropdown does not include the Leaf! Mentioned that to the operator, so we'll see if they get it fixed.

Cheezmo said:
What do you need 6 month service for? Are you around 7500 miles time to get the tires rotated?
Yes, I had just hit 7,400 and was planning to schedule it for next week, but they were very open and I did it today. I wanted to see if they would try to 'upsell' me on service or not and to get any software updates. They were very good, the tire rotation was 18.00. I did not buy any of the service plans from the business office when I got the car. They could have a plan that covers even the tire rotation.

They have a sign in the service dept that a exterior hand car wash is free if you request it. I did not, but the did the wash anyway.

I did get the TCU update and a new owners manual. It looks like the GOM now matches the formula of 21 - hours to recharge at 120V * m/Kwh for a 100% charge for the middle range of bars. I'll post again if it is different when I get home tonight.

The service advisor said that it was the first Leaf she had had in for service. She had the tech run a battery report which rates things like how many times you QC, if you charge every night (those are the only 2 I can remember of the 5 items), etc. They said it all looked great.

In one of the waiting rooms they have a monitor into the service bays, and you can watch them work on your car (if it is in one of those two bays that the camera I saw covers). I didn't ask if they have different cameras to cover all the bays.

Despite it being done before, but at the behest of friends and family my wife and I are going to do some racing with my leaf vs her new volt. We plan on making our runs at the Texas Motorplex on Friday, June 8th. The motorplex has open racing to anyone on friday nights and we were both taking that day off for her birthday (its the previous tuesday). I will post the final results the next monday. I looked to see if there was any racing tips, but in a straight 1/4 mile run, there is no shifting to worry about or anything. Its more just floor it and go with an EV. I think the best I can do is reduce some weight out of the car (like the level 1 charger.

Here is hoping the leaf burns electrons faster than the volt!

Back