DFW Metroplex

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stanton said:
What about the 800# that's on the chargers (downtown Dallas) now? Not only could they not remote-activate the charger for me to use, but I never received the key fob (or email or anything) that the guy on the phone took my info for. Makes me wonder if I had an incompetent customer service guy or if the system is just broke; doesn't make a very good impression on potential customers.

As far as I know, thats a general number to AV. There will eventually be a specific number for the TXU system contact at AV if what they tell me is correct. It looks like you got some incompetent service person at AV. You could try and contact TXU and get the person in charge of the EV accelerator project whom should be able to obtain a key fob for you. I am lucky since I am on the government side and there is a group of people in my office that run the electric vehicles north texas group/campaign so I have access to more stuff than normal.

I was promised the 800 number when it was established...we shall see if that happens.

As for the eVgo stations, I am way excited, the DeSoto one is closer to home, the Burelson one helps with meets I go there frequently, and the other two in arlington are very close to work. Wee!

I'm really excited too. In fact I'm going to visit them all tomorrow.

I tested my DC quick charge at the Addison one today and it works, so I'm go for the tour tomorrow.

I got an email from eVgo rep today that they are working on a permit for the Walgreens at Parker/Tollway in Plano and in addition one in 121/Denton Tap Road.

and he asked me if I had a suggestion for any other place. I told him any 24 hr Walmart would be a great choice and if it were close to a highway the better, and I highly recommended the Super Walmartin Plano in Ohio Dr/121.

There isn't a Walgreens at Parker & Tollway. Closest would be Park & Plano Parkway (pretty near the Tollway on other side of Willow Bend mall), why does every damn street around here have "Park" in it.

That would be awesome for me, as it is very close to home and I work at Willow Bend. I might even forgo charging at home :)

I thought he had mentioned the Kroger at Parker & Tollway a while back, that would be cool too.

Having a QC station within a mile of home, I could live with that.

I went to St. Marks School near Preston/Royal Lane on a Saturday evening at 8 pm, to check out the two Blink L2 units, and they were ICEd. Interestingly the entire parking lot was empty and the 5 or 6 cars that were in the parking lot, were parked right around the Blink units. There is a signboard which clearly says, those two spots are for EVs only. I spoke to the security who came to check me out (he thought i was doing something suspicious), and I asked how he can help keep those slots not ICEd, and he had no answers. I requested him to put a note on the windshields on those cars letting them know that they have parked illegaly, which he said he will do.

We need let the Ecotality, eVgo, ChargePoint and other companies know that the best parking spot for their charging equipment, is the worst one for everyone else. Keeping their chargers on parking spots right next to the door and right next to handicapped spots, will definitely end up getting ICEd. The best spot is a remote unattractive corner.

<I still haven't figured out how to post an image in this forum ..! >

mkjayakumar said:
<I still haven't figured out how to post an image in this forum ..! >

You have to host the picture elsewhere and link to it with the tag.

Email me the pic and I'll host it on my server.

I agree that the placement of some chargers are just bad when it comes to being ICEd. Blink is the worst offender as their chargers are almost always up front. ChargePoint isn't to terribly bad and eVgo has pressure plates that will call tow trucks if you aren't connected (which makes sense since you are paying a more premium for the service).

Honestly, it will be a product of economics and a protection of investment. If blink and other companies want to charge per use (hour, etc.) then these stations will need to remain open. Having them ICEd looses them money. If they are ICEd 50% of the time a plug in tries to charge, thats a 50% revenue drop! We shall see if they get smart enough to protect their investments to make money.

Pipcecil said:
I agree that the placement of some chargers are just bad when it comes to being ICEd. Blink is the worst offender as their chargers are almost always up front. ChargePoint isn't to terribly bad and eVgo has pressure plates that will call tow trucks if you aren't connected (which makes sense since you are paying a more premium for the service).

You guys need to remember it takes 220v to run these chargers, and the further they have to run power the more complex and costly it is; that is why you'll typically find them close to a building (like a restaurant). Personally, I view it as another incentive to drive an EV (good parking)!

EdmondLeaf said:
Who will give best deal on Leaf in DFW?
When I got mine last June, Texas Nissan in Grapevine was the only deal willing to discount from MSRP. This might have changed now.

I do not know, because I did not get their 5900. I know they are good and talking to them. Bankston Nissan Lewisville, TX offered best price on 2012 Leaf SL

I did the online thing and ended up with Jim Dillman at Courtesy Nissan didn't try for any discounts. No complaints.

I also used Edmunds.com to request quotes from local dealers while I was waiting to hear back after submitting on Nissan.com and while none suggested they would discount, the most positive communication experience was with Jonathan Clayton at Nissan of McKinney. He wasn't pushy and seemed extremely knowledgable, if I was starting again I would probably call him first.

I'm talking with Jonathon right now about a 2011 black demo with 1800 miles on it. They want $34,750 for the car, seems steep considering you can get the 2012 with the same features for 2 grand more and if you do a search on ebay these demos are selling for around $28,000.

Back