DFW Metroplex

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tzzhc4 ,

I exchanged some emails with Stanton on this, and I am trying to send a PM to you on that, but as is often the case for me, the PM is still in outbox.

Can you please send me an email to [email protected] and we can coordinate directly by email on this ?

regards
Jay Jayakumar

This is a notice to all local Leaf owners! :D
North Texas Electric Auto Assoc. is having the second annual Leaf reunion at Bankston Nissan on June 16th.
We hope to have all you Leafites out. Last year we had 6 cars even though there were just a handful of cars in town.
Bankston Nissan at 635 and Welch Rd. near the Galleria.
The event will be from 10 am to when we get tired of hang in out.
There is more info at nteaa.org.

I've noticed more Leafs around town lately. For a while, I thought we were the only one in the downtown area. I've spotted a white one (of someone that works in Deep Ellum) and a blue one near Knox-Henderson. Those giant billboards downtown must be convincing others to buy!

Aq3dgS0CIAAU9lx.jpg:medium

dallasleaf said:
North Texas Electric Auto Assoc. is having the second annual Leaf reunion at Bankston Nissan on June 16th.
We hope to have all you Leafites out. Last year we had 6 cars even though there were just a handful of cars in town.

Can "Wannabe" Leaf owners come? It would be interesting to see your cars and talk to Leaf owners. We are considering purchasing/leasing a Leaf within the next 6 months and thought it might be nice to chat with y'all.

vrwl said:
dallasleaf said:

Can "Wannabe" Leaf owners come? It would be interesting to see your cars and talk to Leaf owners. We are considering purchasing/leasing a Leaf within the next 6 months and thought it might be nice to chat with y'all.

You should come. We went to the event last year about a month before our Leaf arrived. It was good to talk to other Leaf owners and set expectations for the EV experience; it definitely helped answer a few questions we had.

Really disappointed as I would have loved to attend, but my son is playing tennis in North Richland Hills at 11:00 so I don't think I can even swing by on either side. Have fun y'all, catch you at the next one! I'll be testing my range while you are chatting :).

Thanks to everyone who gave us such a warm welcome and to all who were willing to answer our questions at the Leaf 2nd Reunion. WE WILL get a Leaf... it's just a matter of paying off my husband's Prius first (4 more months!) and then the serious shopping begins!

Vicki (& Greg)

Saw a Karma Fisker heading south on 161 today 3 notes:

1) That is a great looking car, much better in person than in the photos. Makes me think of a modernized "mako" corvette.
2) That is also a looong car
3) It's much faster than a Leaf. I got the Leaf up to 95 and never got close to catching him.

We might be purchasing a "used" Leaf (less than 100 miles on it). Is there any way to find out EXACTLY what options are on the car by plugging the VIN number into a website or something?

vrwl said:
We might be purchasing a "used" Leaf (less than 100 miles on it). Is there any way to find out EXACTLY what options are on the car by plugging the VIN number into a website or something?
The key thing I would want to know, is how has the battery been treated? Has it been kept at very high state of charge for a long time? Has the Leaf been out in the hot sun, or kept in a cooler garage? The best measure of the battery health can be obtained by borrowing a Gid-o-meter from someone in your area and check the number of Gids when car is fully charged. Depending on what you find, you may want to skip the purchase or ask for a lower price.

EdmondLeaf said:
Vandergriff Toyota price seems to be good. Should have all the options for 2011 because it is SL-e

I thought the only option the SL-e automatically got was the QC port. Aren't all the rest of the options still just optional unless they were ordered specifically for the car?

EdmondLeaf said:
Should have all the options for 2011 because it is SL-e
Didn't the "e" stand for something like "EV Project" or "Ecotality" ... hmmm ... what happened to those guys (and the money) ? :evil:

Boy ... DC QC is fun ... too bad I am now back in California :(

You probably will just have to call and ask what options have been installed, thats what I ended up doing when I purchased my orphan leaf. 100 miles is not alot on a used leaf to be honest. The SL-e was sold as part of the ECOtality program in california. It was not available here in the US. The SL had the option of the QC port. If you plan on using eVgo's network the QC port is definetely handy with 5 locations in DFW, I have used them quite a bit.

All other options for the leaf can be installed after the fact (at a dealership), only the QC port had to be done at the factory.

Well, we took the plunge last night. Vandergriff Toyota in Arlington had a "used" 2011 Leaf with 89 miles on it. We had a hairy ride home, with some serious range anxiety. The Toyota dealership didn't have a charger installed there, so we were going to have to drive the car from Arlington to McKinney with less than a full charge. The range on the dash said 65 miles, so we knew we were going to cut it extremely close. Since we weren't positive we were actually going to purchase the car, we hadn't yet signed up for any Blink or eVgo memberships, so we had no clue if we could have charged up anywhere along the trip home, plus it was after 10:30pm before we actually got out of the dealership for the ride back.

So we forged on into the night... as we turned into our neighborhood, a very pleasant woman informed us that we had a very low battery (no kidding! LOL!) and when we pulled into the garage, the readout on the dashboard said we had a range of 8 miles. And our actual odometer reading was sitting at 150, we put 61 miles on it on the way home.

Needless to say, I'm signing up with Blink this morning. So for anyone out there considering purchasing a used Leaf from a NON-Nissan dealership, make sure that car has a full charge before you head home in it. :)

vrwl said:
Well, we took the plunge last night. Vandergriff Toyota in Arlington had a "used" 2011 Leaf with 89 miles on it. We had a hairy ride home, with some serious range anxiety. The Toyota dealership didn't have a charger installed there, so we were going to have to drive the car from Arlington to McKinney with less than a full charge. The range on the dash said 65 miles, so we knew we were going to cut it extremely close. Since we weren't positive we were actually going to purchase the car, we hadn't yet signed up for any Blink or eVgo memberships, so we had no clue if we could have charged up anywhere along the trip home, plus it was after 10:30pm before we actually got out of the dealership for the ride back.

So we forged on into the night... as we turned into our neighborhood, a very pleasant woman informed us that we had a very low battery (no kidding! LOL!) and when we pulled into the garage, the readout on the dashboard said we had a range of 8 miles. And our actual odometer reading was sitting at 150, we put 61 miles on it on the way home.

Needless to say, I'm signing up with Blink this morning. So for anyone out there considering purchasing a used Leaf from a NON-Nissan dealership, make sure that car has a full charge before you head home in it. :)
Congrats. The estimated miles is known as the Guess 'O Meter here. A lot of people use Tony's range chart http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=4295. You will enjoy your new car. You might want to consider a 220V really 240V EVSE. You can upgrade the Panasonic unit that came with the car http://evseupgrade.com/. You will need a corresponding outlet in your garage for that. You will charge at significantly faster rate.

Arlington to McKinney with 65 miles on the GoM ? Very impressive for a first drive.

I presume you didn't go in 121 blasting at 70 mph

Back