Diagnostic hardware needed for used Leaf buyer in Seattle??

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Recommend LEAF Spy Pro. Its $20 and adds a TON of info. Get a dongle; under $20 and an android phone. Pull one out of the drawer or get a year old one for $50 so all in price under $100.

I got my hitch from Torklift Central in Kent, WA. I have a bike rack and one of those square platform thingys that has been used for coolers and I will be using it this year for my inflatable Kayak. I figure good a place as any to store something that will be wet on the trip home!

Yes I have Leaf Spy. EngineLink was just to test the dongle on the ICE cars.

Edit: I have an iPhone 5s. The dongle connects fine to the other app, so I hope Leaf Spy connects, too!

DaveinOlyWA said:
one of those square platform thingys that has been used for coolers and I will be using it this year for my inflatable Kayak. I figure good a place as any to store something that will be wet on the trip home!
Yes, and easier on your back than lifting things onto the roof! If you're going to deflate the boat every time you use it (which is probably a good idea if you are going on the highway), might as well have any drips fall on the ground.

I am on my second Taurus wagon that I use to haul both whitewater (rarely) and sea kayaks, which I prefer to an SUV due to the low roof. The first one (which I think was a '92 model) I had from about 1998 to 2007 when I was boating quite often, and I was surprised that having salt water dripped on the roof every couple of weeks and (at best) hosed off a couple of hours later didn't seem to harm it much. Ford wasn't exactly known for great paint in those days, either. A friend had a late '80s Taurus that had all the paint fall off the roof just from Seattle sun! They must have improved it some by the time they made mine.

Back